Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Capri N/A 89-94

94 N/A idles great but feels like rev limit or limp mode on acceleration

(1/9) > >>

JBone:
Hello everyone. Thanks for accepting me into the group. I have a 94 N/A that idles perfectly but will fall on its face on acceleration. It's almost like limp mode or rev limit. I have changed all basic parts associated with the problem. I am very lost at this point and just can't figure out my problem. The only code I have is a single flash of the cel. I pulled a 3 flash one time and pulled the dizzy and cleaned and inspected then the code went away.   I could really use some guidance at this point.

WashiestSnake:
Bad fuel filter maybe ? is there any smoke or anything, or is it just no acceleration?

JBone:
I've cleaned the tank and replaced the pump,filter,plugs, wires and ignition coil. Cleaned all ground and most elec connections. Cleaned throttle body and installed a new gasket. Cleaned maf sensor and checked for vacuum leaks. Replaced fuel injectors. The runs fairly rich but doesn't smoke. I have also removed the cat.

NomakeWan:
Is the TPS operating properly? Running rich is odd, have you checked to make sure the MAF is operating within spec?

JBone:
I've done what tests I could find online. I ordered a service manual a few days ago so when it comes in I will be able to test for sure, but the tests that I've preformed so far all seem to be within spec.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version