TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: turbo failure or dash Guage????  (Read 2353 times)

010sambo

• 1992 Xr2 1995 F150
turbo failure or dash Guage????
« on: April 01, 2016, 10:37:31 AM »

Ok, ........OK
I decided last weekend to change my oil and filter after I poured sea foam in the crankcase to try eliminate some noisy lifters
While test driving it I noticed my psi Guage not working, also it seemed to be idling a little high.
So after I found a loose vacuum hose near the passenger fire wall, from changing my hard to reach oil filter, I thought it would fix my issue.
Nope!
I also temporarily disconnected another Vac hose from the brake booster and poured sea foam in it while the motor was running.
My question is would I notice allot of smoke if my turbo went out, and did I do more damage to it funneling seafoam through it.
Or should I continue hunting for a loose connection or Vac hose?

NomakeWan

• 93 Capri XR2
Re: turbo failure or dash Guage????
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 01:49:29 AM »

Continue hunting for a loose connection. The boost gauge is driven by a pressure sensor on the firewall that has a single electrical connector and a single vacuum line.