TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: Headlights  (Read 2958 times)

elocsitruc

• 1991 xr2, lsx 87 camaro
Headlights
« on: March 28, 2016, 04:01:25 PM »

Ok I'm at a loss of what to do with my headlights. I got them working for a bit, but one was really clicky so I took it apart and cleaned it as suggested then put it back together with new headlight motors. I did the procedure for making sure they were in the up position for installation and such. Now they won't go up and down at all. I have 12 v to the headlight motor fuse. I did just discover that the connector for the console switch was unplugged so maybe it was stuck in winter mode? I'm not sure what to do with that. I tried plugging it back in and tried the switch in different positions and it still didn't work. The headlights turn on fine. When you hit the switch a clicking noise comes from what sounds like the forward part of the center console. Could the relay have burned out? I also have these weird boxes that are hooked up to the headlights that the previous owner had done. Has the number mtc12v35w141121355. I can post a pic of them if need be.

Gaz

• Do no harm, take no sh!t.
    • 92 XR2, 01 LL Bean Outback, 92 Concours, 86 F150
    • Saint Cloud Exhaust
Re: Headlights
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 04:29:04 PM »

Hell with 'em, get some light bars.

elocsitruc

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 05:23:59 PM »

I agree! haha I would but I'm trying to sell the car

Gaz

• Do no harm, take no sh!t.
    • 92 XR2, 01 LL Bean Outback, 92 Concours, 86 F150
    • Saint Cloud Exhaust
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 05:40:20 PM »

See if you're getting power to the connector at the motors, and work your way back from there.

Or just mad max the bitch.

elocsitruc

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 07:22:29 PM »

So I have one side working and it is a new rebuilt motor and it chatters on the rise closes fine. The other side doesn't work and it seems to only be getting about .09 volts to the brown or green wire :/. Relay bad?

WashiestSnake

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 Mercury Capri
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 07:51:19 PM »

Id love to see a Mad Max Capri, but sadly the body style doesn't work for a Rat Rod.
1991 Mercury Capri 68,xxx Miles--Project(AWD)
1996 Lincoln Continental -- The Boat(Given to my Brother)

roger935

• 92 capri 5 spd n/turbo, a/c,
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 11:13:06 PM »

Did you split open the that has box<> 5 screw and appears to be sealed with a waxy type substance???  You might be surprised at corrosion and "Gunk" on contacts!!  clean with contact cleaner and reassemble and seal with  to prevent moisture from getting back inside.   That sure help mine,  It still "winks" when I turn them on and off, but at least i'm not going down road with 'one eye" open.   The ambient temp seems to affect mine a bit!  Now that its warmer, they open and close fully.