TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Poll

Would you be interested in having my shop build custom exhaust for the XR2?

No
- 0 (0%)
Yes
- 3 (60%)
It's cheaper to buy local
- 2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: March 24, 2016, 01:53:03 PM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Custom Exhaust Built to Spec  (Read 117704 times)

Gaz

• Do no harm, take no sh!t.
    • 92 XR2, 01 LL Bean Outback, 92 Concours, 86 F150
    • Saint Cloud Exhaust
Re: Custom Exhaust Built to Spec
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2016, 02:45:47 PM »

I would realy be interestet in an exhaust system. Catback and 2,5" is what i am looking for. But think it would be to expansive to ship it to germany right?

Insanely. Just trying to get those lenses to you increased prices tenfold...

WILLIE JENKINS

• 1991 Mercury Capri
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2016, 04:35:07 PM »

I (AND OTHERS I AM SURE)

WILLIE JENKINS

• 1991 Mercury Capri
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2016, 04:41:33 PM »

I would LOVE a set of 4-2-1 headers for normally aspirated models. if not, a 4 to 1 would be fine.

94daves

• 1994 Mercury Capri N/A
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2016, 07:15:21 PM »

If you could make one for a 1994 NA with aftermarket mufflers I'd be interested.  Would the pipes be mandrel bent?

Yes, we can mandrel bend, but unless your NA is some sort of speed demon, it's really more of an aesthetic choice, that of which I do not advise as it raises cost. Compression bent tubing should suit your needs just fine. All mufflers that aren't OEM are technically aftermarket, was there any brand or product that caught your eye?

I don't have a speed demon and was thinking of a Flowmaster exhaust.  Maybe 2.25" pipe without the cat or resonator?  I don't know if this would sound muscular or junky.

Gaz

• Saint Cloud Exhaust
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2016, 05:51:20 PM »

I've been crunching some numbers, and came up with these quotes so far. All prices exclude shipping, as that's going to be a case-by-case quote, and are subject to change. This is being said from the R&D stage, and we should be able to put out real products within 90 days. Please direct SERIOUS inquiries to my inbox, so I can keep track of everything while we are gearing up for building up pipes for our whips.

Basic turbo header, Aluminized 1.75" primaries: +- $365. Stainless: $410
Ramhorn turbo header, Aluminized 1.75" primaries: +- $435 Stainless: $550
Cat-back side pipes, 2.25" Aluminized, side pipe turn-outs +- $350
Cat back 2.25 N/A system 14ga Aluminized with Magnaflow +-$225
2.5" Downpipe $185 Aluminized

More to follow, hit me up.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2016, 07:54:19 PM »

For the downpipe - I would suggest offering a standard 2-bolt flange, with an extra weld-on flange. Trying to mate a 2.5" downpipe to a stock exhaust (1.75" at best) is not ideal. I do think plug'n'play is good but not really beneficial in this case

I'd be down for the downpipe. Does your quote include replacing the stock cast dump pipe, and if so, will the new downpipe interfere with the A/C system? Real estate is very tight between the two down there.

I can provide some photos of a CorkSport downpipe with the divorced wastegate dump, if that will help. It bolted directly to the turbo and replaced the cast dump quite nicely
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

Gaz

• Saint Cloud Exhaust
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2016, 09:54:19 AM »

For the downpipe - I would suggest offering a standard 2-bolt flange, with an extra weld-on flange. Trying to mate a 2.5" downpipe to a stock exhaust (1.75" at best) is not ideal. I do think plug'n'play is good but not really beneficial in this case

I'd be down for the downpipe. Does your quote include replacing the stock cast dump pipe, and if so, will the new downpipe interfere with the A/C system? Real estate is very tight between the two down there.

I can provide some photos of a CorkSport downpipe with the divorced wastegate dump, if that will help. It bolted directly to the turbo and replaced the cast dump quite nicely

Yeah, we can include a flange. It is built to spec, after all. Normally, I can't assume that even half of this market can, or are willing to, weld it on themselves, hence the plug and play aspect. I can, however, assume that anyone that would want one has already enlarged the rest of the exhaust, and simply wants a downpipe to match. It would end in roughly that same location as our spring flanges.

As far as design goes, I've seen that pipe, and I like it. The problem is finding those outlet flanges is damn near impossible, and they aren't readily available when I do. To create a one-piece downpipe like that would require more material, including tubing, which puts it up to $270-ish for something like that, and It would not be stainless. Not that anybody drives their Capri in the winter, anyway, but if I didn't say it...

I'll design it so it doesn't hit the compressor, so no worries there.

The bend over the rear subframe is a crazy complicated one
Yeah, it wasn't that fun, but I did it.  ;D

More Shtuff:
I would LOVE a set of 4-2-1 headers for normally aspirated models. if not, a 4 to 1 would be fine.

$450, Mandrel, aluminized.

94daves

• 1994 Mercury Capri N/A
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2016, 11:10:47 AM »

So no resonator?  Totally plug-and-play all the way out the back for a 1994 (Walker says it needs a spout)?  With clamps, gaskets, rubber insulators?  What model Magnaflow are you thinking?

WashiestSnake

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 Mercury Capri
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2016, 07:14:00 PM »

Very good prices Gaz, I might need to save some money, and try to get a exhaust! Id like to see some pics whenever you start on yours.
1991 Mercury Capri 68,xxx Miles--Project(AWD)
1996 Lincoln Continental -- The Boat(Given to my Brother)

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2016, 08:18:01 PM »

Yeah that flange is a tough one, but so are most of the flanges for this car. Where's the downpipe flange coming from? it's not standard. Re- the manifolds -the exhaust flange on the head can be had ($$$) but AFAIK the IHI turbo flange is not available anywhere either
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

NomakeWan

• 93 Capri XR2
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2016, 05:18:37 AM »

So if I wanted to get a 2.25" exhaust done up, would I just need a downpipe and let a local place do the rest? Or what would be the best way?

I'm tearing off the turbo and starting the process of reconditioning the car in a week or so, so now's as good a time as any to start looking at exhaust options now that the hybrid with the ported wastegate is going on.

Gaz

• Saint Cloud Exhaust
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2016, 09:48:59 AM »

Please move this thread to Vendor section, admin.

So if I wanted to get a 2.25" exhaust done up, would I just need a downpipe and let a local place do the rest? Or what would be the best way?

Depends on what they quote for that. It's just a matter of money, at that point.

Yeah that flange is a tough one, but so are most of the flanges for this car. Where's the downpipe flange coming from? it's not standard. Re- the manifolds -the exhaust flange on the head can be had ($$$) but AFAIK the IHI turbo flange is not available anywhere either

I'll have to fabricate them.

So no resonator?  Totally plug-and-play all the way out the back for a 1994 (Walker says it needs a spout)?  With clamps, gaskets, rubber insulators?  What model Magnaflow are you thinking?

I'll have to check prices on the rezzy, my setup doesn't have one. I'll also have to check which model of MagnaFlow I used, I can't recall. The kit assumes you will reuse your old insulators, but we can offer new ones for a price. I'll get on this and get back to you.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 01:30:25 PM by Gaz »

Gaz

• Saint Cloud Exhaust
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2016, 04:31:09 PM »

Okay, so my current setup does not have a rezzy in it, but if you want one, it'll be an additional $36. The MagnaFlow 11132 is what will be included in the kit. This is also what I have on my setup. There is also a thrush muffler available for half the price of the MF.

TL;DR: Cat back 2.25 N/A system 14ga Aluminized with no-name resonator, Magnaflow muffler $270 Thrush muffler, $230.

If y'all could help me out and post pics of the flange after the catalytic converter, that would be great, as neither of my systems have it. :D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 06:15:02 PM by Gaz »

94daves

• 1994 Mercury Capri N/A
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2016, 09:07:55 PM »

Thanks, I'm becoming more interested.  I don't want the resonator and want the Magnaflow muffler.  I want to make sure it fits a 1994.  Here is the picture from RockAuto of the Walker muffler system.

Gaz

• Saint Cloud Exhaust
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2016, 11:40:10 PM »

unless there is some crucial difference between the 94 and the others, besides being naturally aspirated, then I don't see an issue.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8