TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Poll

Would you be interested in having my shop build custom exhaust for the XR2?

No
- 0 (0%)
Yes
- 3 (60%)
It's cheaper to buy local
- 2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: March 24, 2016, 01:53:03 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Custom Exhaust Built to Spec  (Read 118540 times)

Crapi Attitude

• '91 BP Capri, '12 Versa 6MT, Bad Dragon
Re: Custom Exhaust Built to Spec
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2016, 12:07:14 PM »

No longer interested... Tim's threw something together. Its hilarious. And dumb. And my husband hates it. And I think its freakin' sweet.

Gaz

• Do no harm, take no sh!t.
    • 92 XR2, 01 LL Bean Outback, 92 Concours, 86 F150
    • Saint Cloud Exhaust
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2016, 08:18:58 PM »

No longer interested... Tim's threw something together. Its hilarious. And dumb. And my husband hates it. And I think its freakin' sweet.

What's this now?

CavScout

• 91 Capri XR2, 87 Pontiac Fiero GT, 87 Toyota MR2
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2016, 10:18:30 AM »

Week 1 update:
Love the exhaust. At a steady cruise it's unobtrusive. Put your foot into it in the turbo band and I love the way it sounds. I have experienced zero symptoms of turbo creep even without porting the waste gate. (Thank god... just something I don't have time for right now.)

For a daily driver, I am very satisfied.

Anyone in the Buffalo NY area that'd like to check it out let me know. As close to plug and play as I could imagine. No silly clamps - all bolted together and feels very secure. One factory hanger was not used, and I assume it's because of how you have to get it around the rear end of the car.... if it was welded on, you'd never get it out. I was going to take it to the same shop that I had replace the turbo manifold studs, but haven't bothered yet as it doesn't seem to really need it. Entire assembly seems very robust. (They'd just have to weld on a rod to attach to factory rubber hanger. Assume cost if I'd want it done to be negligible.)

I'd say it seems my car revs a bit freer, but I really haven't owned the car long enough to state that for sure so can't comment on any performance gains. However, she SOUNDS faster! ;)

Thanks again for a quality product at a fair price!

Gaz

• Saint Cloud Exhaust
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2016, 12:17:26 PM »

Week 1 update:
Love the exhaust. At a steady cruise it's unobtrusive. Put your foot into it in the turbo band and I love the way it sounds. I have experienced zero symptoms of turbo creep even without porting the waste gate. (Thank god... just something I don't have time for right now.)

For a daily driver, I am very satisfied.

Anyone in the Buffalo NY area that'd like to check it out let me know. As close to plug and play as I could imagine. No silly clamps - all bolted together and feels very secure. One factory hanger was not used, and I assume it's because of how you have to get it around the rear end of the car.... if it was welded on, you'd never get it out. I was going to take it to the same shop that I had replace the turbo manifold studs, but haven't bothered yet as it doesn't seem to really need it. Entire assembly seems very robust. (They'd just have to weld on a rod to attach to factory rubber hanger. Assume cost if I'd want it done to be negligible.)

I'd say it seems my car revs a bit freer, but I really haven't owned the car long enough to state that for sure so can't comment on any performance gains. However, she SOUNDS faster! ;)

Thanks again for a quality product at a fair price!

I'm very happy you like it!

Who else wants some?

rsharry

• Capri and Capri XR2
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2016, 04:33:50 PM »

Give me a good price include shipping to germany ;D

WashiestSnake

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 Mercury Capri
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2016, 06:08:05 PM »

Gaz if you have faceebook post on the 1991-1994 Mercury Capri Group that you make exhaust systems you should get some bites there.
Im currently saving money for my build, and I plan on buying a blown turbo so i can send it to you so I can get a downpipe and exhaust built.
1991 Mercury Capri 68,xxx Miles--Project(AWD)
1996 Lincoln Continental -- The Boat(Given to my Brother)

Gaz

• Saint Cloud Exhaust
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2016, 12:22:55 PM »

Gaz if you have faceebook post on the 1991-1994 Mercury Capri Group that you make exhaust systems you should get some bites there.
Im currently saving money for my build, and I plan on buying a blown turbo so i can send it to you so I can get a downpipe and exhaust built.

Good thinking!

When you say blown turbo, are you referring to something that's different? Different than our vj11?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 03:12:51 PM by Gaz »

WashiestSnake

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 Mercury Capri
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2016, 06:04:29 PM »

Yea I plan on getting 2 Garret GT2560r's one thats blown so I can send to you to make up a downpipe for and then later have as a back up after its rebuilt. The other is going to be put on the BP im getting.

Gaz

• Saint Cloud Exhaust
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2016, 10:40:04 AM »

Word up! Does it bolt up to the stock manifold?

WashiestSnake

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 Mercury Capri
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2016, 04:32:57 PM »

Nope it bolts up to a t3 manifold though. You can get those pretty cheap from most Miata aftermarket places. I wouldnt really switch to it on these engines because the spool would take forever.

Gaz

• Saint Cloud Exhaust
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2016, 05:08:56 PM »

I would need to know which manifold you'll be using for it, then. Can't accurately build much of anything without it.

Gaz

• Saint Cloud Exhaust
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2016, 03:13:35 PM »

Like, a picture or whatnot.

WashiestSnake

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 Mercury Capri
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2016, 03:45:14 PM »

Sorry I took so long to get back to you, I just started work full time. By the end of next month ill have a GTX so ill be swapping in the stock GTX/XR-2 bits in, after I buy a Festiva or something cheap.
   I dont plan on doing the BP swap for another couple months, once I figure out what manifold ill use ill make sure to post a pic of it on here.

Gaz

• Saint Cloud Exhaust
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2016, 03:57:16 PM »

Sorry I took so long to get back to you, I just started work full time. By the end of next month ill have a GTX so ill be swapping in the stock GTX/XR-2 bits in, after I buy a Festiva or something cheap.
   I dont plan on doing the BP swap for another couple months, once I figure out what manifold ill use ill make sure to post a pic of it on here.

Kinky....

Gaz

• Saint Cloud Exhaust
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2017, 12:56:24 AM »

Any luck?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8