TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Rocketman Chip  (Read 3885 times)

BoostedVT

• Holden
Rocketman Chip
« on: January 06, 2016, 04:17:22 AM »

Hi Folks,

I am in the process of converting my 5speed manual turbo capri over to automatic and plan on doing the following modifications
1. 2.5inch exhaust system
2. cold air intake
3. boost controller (run around 14psi max on the factory capri turbo, but not all the time) have it on 10psi for daily driving and when I feel like giving it a squirt boost it up to 14psi.

But my question is I know the rocketman chips remaps the fuel parameters so you can run more boost but will it be able to function correctly with a 3speed automatic transmission?

Thanks in advance (I did ask rocketman the question however never got any response)

Cheers in advance

chrispoe

• 91 BP Capri GT
Re: Rocketman Chip
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 09:37:23 AM »

The rocketman chip will function just fine with an automatic tranny.

Are you installing a F3A tranny from a Ford aspire/festiva or Mazda 323 into your capri?
If you are, beware that the most powerful engine that tranny ever came equipped with that I'm aware of was the 2L SOHC (93 HP) from the mid 80’s 626.

I have my doubts that the transmission will survive to many WOT shifts with a b6t running 14 psi of boost.