TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: 94 Project car  (Read 2302 times)

oz-fire

• TeamCapri Supporter
94 Project car
« on: January 03, 2016, 05:48:48 AM »

I live in Brisbane Australia, and have near completed the restoration of a (pre-production) US LHD N/A 1994 Capri, with 5300 miles on the dial . I have a problem with the battery and fuel gauges reading extra high. I've replaced the instrument cluster, however same result. The temperature, oil ,tacho gauges and all indication lights work well. I disconnected the fuel sender, which made no difference.  Any feed-back would be appreciated   

chrispoe

• 91 BP Capri GT
Re: 94 Project car
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 06:41:57 PM »

If two different instrument clusters are both reading high voltage then it sounds like you may have an issue with your charging system.
Do you have a multi-meter to check the actual battery voltage and compare it to your gauge reading?

When you disconnect the fuel sender, that should max out the fuel gauge. If you disconnect it under the rear seat and jumper the yellow wire to ground that should make your gauge go to empty. If the fuel gauge does go to empty when you jumper the yellow wire, then the problem is the fuel sender unit.