TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: B6t manual to auto conversion  (Read 3583 times)

BoostedVT

• Holden
B6t manual to auto conversion
« on: November 15, 2015, 10:33:35 AM »

Hi Folks,

I am from Australia and hoping to pick your brains. Long story short I already own 8 cars and my wife has allowed me to purchase one more the ford capri club sprint turbo 5 speed manual.
Now the catch is she would also like to drive it and would like me to convert it to auto.
But I have been told the autos are too weak (i dont not buying one and beefing it up with better gear). I plan on doing the following mods
Front mount intercooler larger one
2.5 inch full exhaust and better dump
Cold air intake
And hoping to up the boost and make around 140-150 at the front wheels.
Will this work?
If not what are my options?
I would Also like a rocketman chip but not sure if it will work if I change over to auto? I maybe need another piggy back ecu or standalone to run the electronic 4 speed.
Is there any auto box thats stronger than the other?

azgtx

• Old-Timer
Re: B6t manual to auto conversion
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 04:46:09 PM »

It would be a whole lot easier teaching her to drive the stick...completely forget about the auto tranny for the turbo capri... there is good reason Ford did not offer one in that car.

BoostedVT

• Holden
Re: B6t manual to auto conversion
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 01:17:15 AM »

Teaching her isnt really an option. I have 8 other cars. The only reason she is letting me buy this is so she can drive it too. So I cant really push it. Surely if I just beef up the auto a little it should last. Can I adapt an auto from a different car?