TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: My 91 capri history  (Read 7173 times)

LarryC

My 91 capri history
« on: November 02, 2015, 10:17:11 AM »

As bought about 5 years ago

About 3 years ago, after buying a donor 94 and switching bumpers wheels, etc..  Painted bumpers with spray can red, painted spoiler, headlight hoods, wheels and gas tank door plastic dip black. Wow, looked so good.

Then a short period of bad luck.  A chinese girl, not looking, bumps me from the rear.  Another chinese lady, backs into my right rear fender.  A man, again not looking, backs into my right front, breaking right signal lense.  next was my fault, something in garage falls on the left front fender.  i love the original paint, but all fenders and bumpers need re-paint.  Stupid me, I decide to re-paint myself.  I had some left over white autmotive paint, i added black, making a silver color.  My silver paint job was terrible,  I guess my compressor didnt have enough air storage, so caused water drips. one fender, not enough paint, could see the original paint.  I decided to sand and try to re-paint,  My second paint job was worse than the first (all sanding grooves were visable).  The second paint job had to go, this time I sanded and scraped paint down to bare metal.  Primered the bare metal.  This time, a professial.   Most local body shops didnt even want to give me estimates, but i found one guy who said he would paint for $500. (he had running post in CL).   I told him to take his time, i was not a a hurry.  I was not expecting much.  I only wanted a decent looking car.  Here is what is got.

LarryC

Re: My 91 capri history
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 10:24:21 AM »

One big WOW.  I am so happy.  But, I removed 'Mercury'  badges, filled in 'Capri' from rear bumper, Any ideas of re-badging, I cant decided on a Ford or Ferrarri badge

Chicken

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 03:26:41 PM »

Great Looking Capri! What did you use to fill in the CAPRI logo in the bumper? Is it holding up well?

If you heard it from an automotive forum, get a second, and third opinion.

LarryC

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 10:16:44 AM »

just bondo