TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: '94 Front Sway Bar  (Read 3333 times)

oz-fire

• TeamCapri Supporter
'94 Front Sway Bar
« on: September 04, 2015, 06:47:32 PM »

I have a '94 Clubsprint Turbo, which I've just have new front shocks and 35m,m lowered springs fitted. I also had the sway bar bushes and stabilizer links assembly replaced . The suspension shop now tells me , my front sway bar, is not the original,  too thick and is within 5mm of the gearbox and other under car parts.

I'm sure the front sway bar (29mm) is factory, I've had other Capris lowered without any problems
Could they have fitted the stabilizer links assembly incorrectly, causing the bar to sit too high

Any feedback would be appreciated 

mitch1204

• 1991 Mercury Capri NA Auto/ 1994 Mercury Capri NA
Re: '94 Front Sway Bar
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 08:23:31 PM »

I think I can say my 91 NA doesn't have a sway bar. It has half of a cross bar fixed mounted with no bushings but to strengthen the front. I found the bolt holes where a sway bar could go so who knows, lol.

I read about everyone talking about their sway bars but most of them have XR2s. Long story short I guess I'm saying there is a good chance yours was added. I would think a Club Sprint would have a beefed up suspension.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Re: '94 Front Sway Bar
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 12:26:11 AM »

Well does the sway bar use bushes or a ball-joint style link?

The 94 turbos here used a balljoint style link, very different from the bars on the 91-93 turbos.

Whiteline makes aftermarket bars for the Capri, and they're based in Australia.
If it's a bushing style link I may vote for aftermarket
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"