TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: Notable Sept Savings at Advance AP  (Read 3511 times)

mitch1204

• 1991 Mercury Capri NA Auto/ 1994 Mercury Capri NA
Notable Sept Savings at Advance AP
« on: August 28, 2015, 05:55:38 AM »

I thought I'd share some September savings at Advance Auto Parts. Time to get ready for them winter projects. Advance has some pretty good deals going on. Besides the discount codes they have a few good rebates in the form of a Visa gift card. Add them together you have some serious savings going on. Random picks...

5 qts Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic oil plus premium Fram or K&N oil filter.
$22.99 after $10 mail in rebate.
In store only. Don't forget to ask for rebate form and ask for two receipts. I think you can print the rebate form off their website and copy your own receipt.
Limit 2 per household. Plenty of other oil change specials if you don't like Pennzoil.

Shocktober sale time again. Buy any 3 Monroe or Rancho shocks/struts and get one free. I used this last year and got a pretty big savings. Besides the 30-40% discount codes I got a Visa gift card for like $62. I think I had like $160 some in the whole deal including mounts, boots and bumpers. Many here don't like Monroe but they have performing fine for me. It's not like a Capri is a heavy car. The only thing I wish I done at the time was change the worn spring insulators. Again, don't forget the rebate form. This deal is better if you order online and pickup in the store so you can use the discount codes. Put the struts on one order and the other stuff on other orders so you can use more than one discount code. If the stuff isn't in stock call the store and tell them to order it.

Save $3 each on Bosch Irdium spark plugs.
$2 mail in rebate/ $1 instant.
Order online with a code for more savings. I know one code for $10 off $30. I'll post some codes at the end of this post. Final Price $2.99 before any code. Not bad for Irdiums.

All NGK Irdiums have a $5 rebate form when you buy 4. Order online with a code for more savings. That's about $5.50 each for the Lasers before the online code. The more expensive ones you can save about $15.

Not a big fan but you can buy a set of Wearever Gold brake pads and two Wearever rotors, they have a $30 rebate. You can probably get another $20 off with a code for a total of $50 off. I'll look in a minute. I had problems with the Silver pads where I had to do a little filing to make them fit right. The Golds might be different? For $50 I'll file, lol.

Moog steering and suspension parts has up to a $50 rebate in the form of a Visa gift card. Add the online discount and you have a good deal.

RainX Latitude wiper blades $8 off
Trico Flex $5 off
Ask clerk for details

$50 rebate on a Walker cat. Use an online code for about another $20. Great deal. Rebate is a Visa gift card. Ask the clerk for the form or print one online.

They have many little fluid items on sale. Just look at the ad circular.

One that caught my eye is Dupli-color wrap paint. It's $6.99 a can. They have different colors and a clear coat. I think I might play with that and put a cheap paint job on my 91. If I don't like it I'll just peel it off, lol. If you don't know what I'm talking about some have posted other threads on it using a Plastidip type paint. I'm not crazy about the flat paint look but a couple coats of clear ought to fix that.

Online Coupon codes...

30% off $50+, $50 max savings
TRT30

$40 off order over $110,
$25 off order over $70,
$10 off order over $30.
WD534

$40 off $100
TRT41

$30 off $80+
RAF51112

$25 off orders over $75
A124

$20 off $60+
MFD13

$10 off $30+
TJG13

There's several other 33% coupon codes. Just go to procouponcode. There's several other stores listed. Not a bad site. Every code I've used has been good. Not like other sites that list expired codes.

When you are at the store tell them to sign you up for Speed Perks. That's even more savings added on to future purchases. You get $5 for every $30 spent and $20 on a $100.

Mix all these programs together and you can be a professional tight wad like me, lol. :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 06:14:59 AM by mitch1204 »

chrispoe

• 91 BP Capri GT
Re: Notable Sept Savings at Advance AP
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 02:04:28 AM »

Thanks for the heads up on the 30% off coupon, I was about to order a pair of rear calipers with $40 off a $100 code, but the 30% off code will save me even more.

I think you might want to read some of the reviews on Amazon about Dupli-color wrap. The general consensus about it seems to be pretty poor.

mitch1204

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 05:30:17 AM »

If I go that route I'd like to find it in larger quantities and use a sprayer. It would take several little cans. If it comes in a spray can it's usually a poor quality. I think I like the idea of just peeling it off more. :)
My bumpers and spoilers are spider cracking and peeling on my 91. I'm looking for a cheap way out. I already done a bunch of sanding. The rest of the body looks good.

SHOwn

• 91 XR2
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 10:46:06 PM »

Thanks, thanks thanks Mitch! I just got some Moblil1 MTF 75-90 and NGK iridium IX's picked up at the counter for $37 total after the $5 rebate. That was a heck of a coupon code!

Thanks for informing us all.

Ron
R. Powell
'91 XR2, LM 16" Chrome Drifters, White Gauge Faces, Kuhmo 40's, Big Brake UG, 2.5" Mandrel Bent CATback, BMW318 Heated Seats, `94 console, '99 Dodge Neon Spoiler, '94 XR2 Sideskirts Bumpers and taillights, Fresh Basecoat-Clearcoat Cardinal Red (Jul2014), vj11/vj14 hybrid, manual boost CTL.

mitch1204

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 06:19:04 AM »

You're welcome. Yeah them codes help a lot. Now they have Speed Perks which you can use another $5-20 off. I'll be the first to admit Advance is kind of over priced. But if you watch sales and use codes nobody can beat the prices.

Also check RockAuto and we have a 5% off code thread in the General forums. Some of their close out prices are great but RockAuto will get you on shipping. They are good for a one item purchase. I tried to buy three things there a couple weeks ago. They wanted to charge individual shipping on each item. I guess they drop ship from other places.

Summit Racing is another good place. Using Google shopping is another good tool. Since I retired I learned to comparison shop. 😊

SHOwn

• 91 XR2
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 06:57:16 AM »

I buy from Rock Auto quite a bit, if it can wait. However, you need to use a PC so you can see the full website and watch the ship from codes that display with every item. By trying a few different choices, usually you can get most everything shipping from the same warehouse and save.

Also, search for their discount codes, but admititly, they usually are low percentage.
R. Powell
'91 XR2, LM 16" Chrome Drifters, White Gauge Faces, Kuhmo 40's, Big Brake UG, 2.5" Mandrel Bent CATback, BMW318 Heated Seats, `94 console, '99 Dodge Neon Spoiler, '94 XR2 Sideskirts Bumpers and taillights, Fresh Basecoat-Clearcoat Cardinal Red (Jul2014), vj11/vj14 hybrid, manual boost CTL.

mitch1204

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 04:57:11 AM »

Thanks for the tip. Yeah I use mobile anymore. I have the option of switching to the full site so I'll give it a try. I'm about to rebuild the top end of a 4.0 so it'll come in handy.