TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Best Sway Bar End Links  (Read 11657 times)

kellsonm

• 1994 Mercury Capri
Best Sway Bar End Links
« on: August 18, 2015, 01:20:12 PM »

Hey everyone, I was searching the forum for some info on sway end links, and I found that Energy Suspension part 9.8125 fits our Capris. Has anybody used these? Or does anybody recommend a different part? I am installing these in the front and rear or my '94 n/a 5spd along with lowering springs and tokico struts, so performance is my top priority. Thanks

http://m.oreillyauto.com/mt/www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/ENS0/98125R/N1031.oap?ck=Search_sway+bar+link_N1031_1189425_2620&keyword=sway+bar+link&pt=N1031&ppt=C0106

chrispoe

• 91 BP Capri GT
Re: Best Sway Bar End Links
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 09:43:07 PM »

I have a pair of them on the front of my car. The polyurethane bushing are stiffer then the oem rubber ones and they did slightly reduced body roll in corners. After 10 plus years on my car, the bushings are still in mint condition, but the zinc plated hardware started rusting in just two years.

kellsonm

• 1994 Mercury Capri
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 10:23:39 PM »

Did you have to modify them at all?

chrispoe

• 91 BP Capri GT
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 11:19:47 AM »

The Energy Suspension end links on the front of my capri are # 9.8122 and require no mods to be installed. They are almost identical to the originals except they’re about 5mm longer. The part # you gave is too long and will decrease performance. It may also result in the stabilizer bar end coming into contact with the axle.

I just did a tire rotation this last weekend and found one of the bushings on the rear driver’s side crushed. I measured the rear link and looked at Energy Suspension’s part catalog to find  # 9.8120 end link. It’s less then 2mm longer than the original and should be a nice upgrade for the rear.

kellsonm

• 1994 Mercury Capri
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 11:54:50 AM »

Excellent, then I'll be getting a new set as soon as possible, thank you!

socal1200r

• 2000 GMC Sonoma LT4/T56; 1973 Porsche 914
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 09:59:49 PM »

Based on this thread, I went ahead and ordered a set of the Energy Suspension 9.8122 end links thru Amazon, total cost was less than $30.  I've had almost nothing but trouble with Roo-Sports, and they even put me on a "do not sell to" list on eBay because I left them neutral feedback (they never replied to my emails or phone calls).  F*ck them and the camel they rode into town on, I'll get things like this from anyone but them. 

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 12:51:25 AM »

Based on this thread, I went ahead and ordered a set of the Energy Suspension 9.8122 end links thru Amazon, total cost was less than $30.  I've had almost nothing but trouble with Roo-Sports, and they even put me on a "do not sell to" list on eBay because I left them neutral feedback (they never replied to my emails or phone calls).  F*ck them and the camel they rode into town on, I'll get things like this from anyone but them.

I have sold on eBay under that account for 16 years.......I have a grand total of 5 people on my "blocked bidders" list. I have never, nor will I ever, block a buyer for neutral feedback. I have a total of ONE neutral feedback, from 6 months ago....If that was you, you are NOT blocked.

As for "never replied to my emails or phone calls", that's a flat-out lie...maybe you should check your eBay messages, because all replies were sent through there. I have 100% perfect feedback, with 5 star ratings in all categories...perhaps it's not me that has the problem.....

Just for fun, I've attached a picture of my "blocked bidder" list....Are you on it?

If you have a problem with me, perhaps we can continue this in PM....

--Russ

Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!

socal1200r

• 2000 GMC Sonoma LT4/T56; 1973 Porsche 914
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 04:53:07 PM »

PM sent...

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 05:26:21 PM »

Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!

azgtx

• Old-Timer
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 07:29:04 PM »

Damn, I was looking forward to this exchange. Site has been a bit quiet lately.

Gaz

• Do no harm, take no sh!t.
    • 92 XR2, 01 LL Bean Outback, 92 Concours, 86 F150
    • Saint Cloud Exhaust
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 08:59:03 PM »

Owned.

garlson

• Capri
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2017, 08:02:57 AM »

Got Energy Suspension also. Easy to install and have no problems so far.

Caprice

• 1972 Ford Mercury Capri GT 2000
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2018, 11:47:54 PM »

gotta take note of that

chukT

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2019, 08:21:47 PM »

I put  89 Mazda 323 sway bar end links on mine. Front was a direct replacement, less than $14 for both ends from Rock Auto, and they're even poly bushings!