TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: Evaporator drain  (Read 1798 times)

JJ

Evaporator drain
« on: August 15, 2015, 09:44:57 AM »

Ok, so where is the dumb thing. I see a small tube (3/8"?) that elbows out right near the right tire... of course I tried snaking some trimmer line up there, but that didn't go far.

Looking underneath, I see what could either be a plasticoated wire, or a tiny! 1/4" to 1/8" tube that comes out from above a bunch of electronic connectors on the right side of the core box (behind access panel), that runs along the firewall towards passenger side, and disappears towards the front near the tire. Please tell me that tiny line isn't the evap drain!?

Trying to get the AC fixed, they already want $1100, I really don't need them ripping apart the dash to get this unclogged, so I"m trying to do it myself.

Man, I miss my diesel 81 VW rabbit. the drain was right there, easy to get to... along with most else.

JJ

JJ

Re: Evaporator drain
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 10:46:59 AM »

Turns out this one is easy to get to, also. It's right underneath the glove box right in view.

Sadly, it didn't seem clogged. yet it doesn't seem to drain anything. wonder if there's some sort of internal clog... AC mostly working, but after an hour I start getting vapor from the vents... then it goes away...