TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: 91 XR2 / new price (tons of extras)  (Read 2445 times)

lvillian

• http://www.buffdogstudios.com
91 XR2 / new price (tons of extras)
« on: June 23, 2015, 10:18:01 PM »

I'm selling my Mercury Capri XR2 convertible along with tons of extras. I'm the third owner. The man I bought it from 5 years ago  was turning this car into his daily driver. He was meticulous about everything being functional and everything replaced was factory spec. He had both the engine and Turbo completely rebuilt. After back surgery he was no longer able to drive the car so he sold it to me. Its been a great car, however I rescued a couple of dogs this past year and an SUV is just more practical.
The floors have been rubberized in black (racing style). I've had the following things replaced on it within the year. Front axle, brakes all around, oil pump, rotor, spark plugs, distributor, head gasket, cylinder head gaskets, crank kit, crank shaft set, new Alpine Radio / CD player & new seat covers & mats. THIS CAR ALSO COMES WITH 2 NEW FRONT SEATS & BACKSEAT INCLUDED. You would just use the same brackets from the old seats. The new ones came out of a Capri with only 25,000 miles on it. So they're in like new condition. Like new carpet & custom Capri mats come with it too if you choose to use them.

The top is decent but it comes with a brand new one in the box. It also comes with detailed install instructions, if you should want to put it on yourself. There's a few things it needs that I haven't had time to replace but I do have all the parts to do so and they come with the car. It needs one head light and both fog light bulbs. Comes with those. Also the switch in the dash that switches the ac over to heat is bad. It comes with the switch as well. Car comes with a complete parts catalog and the original 1991 Car Manual. All the repair receipts will be I included as well. They were
all professionally done by Fern Creek Auto in Louisville, KY. The oil is also changed regularly. 
I have it listed locally and have gotten numerous bites but I'd really love to sell it to a "Capri" person.  Asking 1200 for everything or best offer.

I can send you pics through email or text them to you. lvillian17@gmail.com
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 06:13:39 PM by lvillian »