TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: Need to sell 91 XR2  (Read 2866 times)

AFox

• 91 XR2 & 95 Neon (winter ghetto cruiser)
Need to sell 91 XR2
« on: June 10, 2015, 11:48:08 AM »

I have a white 91 XR2 that I sadly need to sell.

It has new head & head gasket, timing belt & kit, water pump, thermostat, coolant hoses, intake/exhaust gaskets, valve cover gasket set, rear mail seal, front crank seal, oil pan gasket, clutch kit (disk, flywheel, pressure plate, throw-out bearing). Has the hard top (in black). Needs new window for soft top (or new top). Has two new tires. Has full size spare with matching rim.

101,xxx

I'm wondering what I can reasonably try to get for her? (Have pictures, just have to figure out how to add them here, or I can email or text them.)

Ami

« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 12:26:20 PM by AFox »

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Re: Need to sell 91 XR2
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 10:11:41 AM »

Hi sounds like you're got a good start on making a dependable driver.  Would like to see pictures.  You can click on my nickname and send a PM.  How much do you want for it and where are you located?

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

AFox

• 91 XR2 & 95 Neon (winter ghetto cruiser)
Re: Need to sell 91 XR2
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 12:19:44 AM »

She runs and drives great. I just can't afford to fix it if something breaks again. If someone can explain to me how to add photos here, I will be more than happy to add them. :) I am located in west central Wisconsin. As far as the how much I want part, that's part of why I came here, to get an idea on that. I paid $1800, and have another $1000+ in the parts alone in order to fix the mess I ended up with.

The guy I bought the car from purchased it with 80k on it and the timing belt hadn't been replaced. It went out, and the garage he took it to claimed the car has an interference engine and he'd need to replace the whole thing. They then charged him for (supposedly) replacing the engine.

I purchased the car a year later, and shortly afterward, the thermostat went out (no big deal). Then a coolant line blew. Then another, then another. (Awful lot of original coolant lines on a replaced engine!) Then the head gasket. Then we sent the head in to be planed, and it had already been done twice PAST specs, so it was useless. (Enter my savior, Rocket Man, who informed me I could use a Mazda head!) Found a brand new Mazda crate head, and then it was another few months looking for head bolts. And then there was this and then there was that.

The majority of my first summer with it I didn't get to drive it, and most of my second, it was too wet & cool out. (Even as a 'Sconsin girl, less than 80 is too chilly for top down for me!!)