TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: South Florida is hosting another Capri gathering.  (Read 10980 times)

blueamber

South Florida is hosting another Capri gathering.
« on: February 19, 2015, 10:42:32 PM »

The place to be Saturday, April 11, 2015, is Sebring Florida, home of the Sebring International Raceway.  All 91 to 94 Capris, including ugly daily drivers to pristine show cars, their drivers, and passengers are invited to come and share in the fun.  We’re seeing if we can have as good a turnout as in 2011...
http://www.mymtp.tv/11ccs2-1.html

No trophies, free t-shirts, no fees...

Show up Saturday morning, 10am at “Howies Lorida ranch &  Capri Hideaway  & resting place for grazing Capri's”, just a stones throw from Sebring.  We will play games, lunch at a restaurant nearby, have a short rally drive, and wind up at historic downtown Sebring about 5pm at the Sebring Classic Car Show.  We will have a street reserved just for Capris, North Commerce Avenue, a street off the downtown circle. Ogle all the nice classic cars, eat some food, hang there until 8pm.
www.sebringcruise.com

If that’s enough fun, then see you later and drive careful on your way home. 

If not, then stay over and go to the Sebring International Raceway on Sunday, where we’ve obtained permission to take some laps in our cars on the 3.7 mile track.  www.sebringraceway.com

Meet early, mingle with the exotic cars in the club that has rented the raceway for the day.  If you can stand watching Corvettes, Porsches, Jaguars, and their drivers trying to get the lowest lap time, then you’ll like this day.
http://www.chinmotorsports.com/Sebring.aspx?gclid=CNa-5q6p78MCFQ4dgQoder4A_Q

We’ll hit the track at about 12:45, no racing, just cruising and smiling.  Have lunch at the
track, with more Capri talk!

Show up Saturday, Sunday, or both days.  Lots of motels in the area if you want to stay over.

As with all Florida Capri meets, T-shirts are free to drivers and passengers.

Please register so we can get a car count (to make sure our reserved street is big enough) and t-shirt quantity.  Email to sebring2015@yahoo.com with questions and registration requests.

It’s gonna be fun!!!   Chris

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Re: South Florida is hosting another Capri gathering.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 07:40:50 AM »

It is -12 here this morning. Coldest I've ever seen it. Florida sounds great right about now.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

blueamber

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 04:25:06 PM »

Wednesday March 25 is the deadline for my tshirt order for the 2015 Sebring Capri meet.  Email me at sebring2015@yahoo.com to confirm you will be coming, and what size shirt you need.  April 11th is fun at Howie's place and parking downtown at the Classic Car meet on 'Capri Street'.   Sunday is the cruise on the track at Sebring Raceway.  See yah... Chris

waretrop

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 08:26:16 PM »

How was the turnout for you meet?
91 N/A 5 sp - His
93 N/A Auto - Hers
93 Mustang LX Auto - ours

JamesFahey

• 1991 Capri XR2
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 12:05:55 PM »

Any meetups in the southwest Florida area this year?

blueamber

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 02:07:34 PM »

James, there is no official organization of capris in Florida.  There isn't much to host a small get together.... pick a date, time and place you will be somewhere, and I'll help pass the word.  Last year at Sebring on the track was fun, but an afternoon at a park, with lunch at a restaurant afterwards works fine, we did something like several years ago...

Merlin

• 91 Capri N/A, 93 XR2, 2018 Jeep Renegade
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 10:52:04 AM »

I've only seen 1 other capri on the road here in Miami, I would be up for a meet.  Would like to attend the one in Ill. this year as I am from there, but she definitely isn't ready for that drive.  Mine is not pretty yet she is still a work in progress, but it would be nice to meet other owners in the area.

JamesFahey

• 1991 Capri XR2
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 02:35:03 AM »

I'm trying to do everything I can on mine but with limited tools, money and knowledge. I really want to maximize the life of the car because I'd hate to see it die. I'm located in Charlotte county right below Sarasota county. I'm down to meet up sometime. Maybe I could learn something new about the Capri!