TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Three Capris Pretty Cheap  (Read 2657 times)

mitch1204

• 1991 Mercury Capri NA Auto/ 1994 Mercury Capri NA
Three Capris Pretty Cheap
« on: January 25, 2015, 06:10:41 PM »

I saw on the Ocala, FL Craiglist something that looks like a good deal for someone.

Three Capris for $1100 each or $2250 for all three.

94 blue XR2
earlier model red XR2
and a black parts car.

Says all been parked awhile. Pictures look good. Thought I'd pass it on. I'd like to have that 94.

blueamber

Re: Three Capris Pretty Cheap
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 09:10:29 PM »

I drove that xr2 several years ago when another owner was trying to sell it, passenger quarter panel damage, passenger door damage, leather seats totally shot, bad front wheel bushings, check engine light on, broke a/c, no turbo boost, front / rear bumper cracks, dent in the nose, spoiler cracked, driver window no-op, conv top had a 91 top on a 94 frame, didn't fit, and now it won't start.

So, it needs bodywork, bumper repair, repainting, re-upholstery, maybe new turbo, new top, a/c work, front bearings, .........

It is a project car, just right for someone.  This guy has advertised these cars all kinds of different ways, now he wants to sell all three at once.  If anyone wants the 94, go there with a trailer and offer $750, he might go for it...

mitch1204

• 1991 Mercury Capri NA Auto/ 1994 Mercury Capri NA
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 01:00:25 AM »

Lol, that's funny. I didn't mean to put junk out there. The admin can delete if he wants.

You have a good memory. I think he said it's been parked since 2010.
Ad says he's 80 miles north of Ocala. I'm currently near Lake City so he shouldn't be too far. I ought to offer him $500.

There's another guy like him up in Chattanooga. He's been parting his out a year and a half. I'm his only customer.

blueamber

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 10:31:56 AM »

Hey no need to delete... sure it needs work, probably needs a fuel pump and it would drive, fix those bearings and you've got a driver, work on turbo and other stuff as you can.  Probably less than 200 of these still running.

I have a beat up 94xr2 in my back yard that probably needs more work than that one, but I'm hanging onto it just cause I can...

One of his earlier ads said he had a black Capri parts car would go for $200, if its a turbo worth looking into...