TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: '91 XR2, White, 37K Miles, great condition  (Read 3673 times)

badfish123

• 91 XR2
'91 XR2, White, 37K Miles, great condition
« on: January 23, 2015, 09:57:42 PM »

Hi All,

I want to feel out interest for selling my 1991 XR2 capri with 37K miles.  The car was owned by my grandfather until 3 years ago when I inherited it.  We have a small 1yr old now, and I have only put ~50 miles on it this year.  I really hate to see it sit in my garage when I know someone else could be enjoying it.  It does have sentimental value to me, so selling it to an enthusiast is ideal vs. craigslist where someone might buy it and trash it.  The money will go into the little one's 529.

So all of that said - more about the car.

The Good:
- I bought all new tires for it February of last year (like I said maybe they have 100 miles on them).  The old ones were originals and totally dry rotted.
- New battery 2 years ago
- Car runs great.  I've never had a problem with it, and have been on a couple long trips with no issues in the middle of summer with AC blasting.

The Bad:
- Reverse lights don't work - could be a fuse or something, I've never tried to diagnose it
- The top is in good shape, but a lot of the adhesive holding it on has deteriorated, so doesn't really fit like I think it should.  I've been in the rain a couple times and it doesn't leak, but it could probably be corrected with some know-how and adhesive.

I'll take some photos when it's not raining.

Based on the research I did I would like to list the car at $3750.  I'm not really in a hurry to sell it, I just wanted to see if anyone out there would be interested.

Edit:

Here are some pics -

« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 02:33:42 PM by badfish123 »

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Re: '91 XR2, White, 37K Miles, great condition
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 08:34:32 AM »

I wish I had to money to buy it, I agree that your price in inline with value.  I would really like to see some pics, good luck selling.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

fred wood

Re: '91 XR2, White, 37K Miles, great condition
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 10:25:52 PM »

Hello do you have the car for sale ? Thank you
fred l wood