TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: wiper delay relay  (Read 4356 times)

010sambo

• 1992 Xr2 1995 F150
wiper delay relay
« on: December 16, 2014, 01:06:51 PM »

Merry Christmas to you as you read my post.
I have an issue with my wiper Delay not working. 
Looks like My wipers only work on the high setting.
Is there a relay somewhere under the dash that I'm not seeing or an online fuse?
I've checked all of my fuses so I don't think that's it.   Thanks always for the advise.       Sam

010sambo

• 1992 Xr2 1995 F150
Re: wiper delay relay
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 06:15:07 PM »

I forgot to mention my wipers do not park in the down position at all. I did swap another wiper motor thinking it was a problem with it. It did work for a while after I swapped it but quit about a month after.
I've also changed out the blinker assy on the steering column, only because I had issues with my right blinker engaged the engine would die, not the left just the right. So I just thought those two issues were related  still no luck.
 I've read some people are having related issues that are contributed by the clock spring. I don't see how .
But I'm running out of options.  Could it be a bonding issue.  Should I tighten every bolt down. Great way to spend vacation huh!  guess is better than a car payment .

mitch1204

• 1991 Mercury Capri NA Auto/ 1994 Mercury Capri NA
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 08:00:13 PM »

Merry Xmas!

Looking at the manual schematics under Auxiliary Equipment, the governor relay and interval timer is built into the switch. Under troubleshooting it could be that, the motor or wiring. Check the ground by the motor and the connector real good. The Bl/Bk wire has to do with park. Since you changed motors you probably moved wires around where it made contact for a month. Pull the ground strap off and sand it well. Use dielectric grease on the connectors to keep moisture out.

When I first bought my car I had all kinds of weird problems. One is the wipers would quit when it rained. So would my headlight motors. The time you need them most, lol.

These cars are bad about corroded ground straps and moisture getting in the connectors. Buy a tube of dielectric grease by the silicone at the parts store. Take the time and clean all your grounds under the hood and grease all connections. It makes a huge difference. Things work : )

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 10:04:15 AM »

The wiper delay module is a little gray box under the center of the dash, beneath the radio. it's a bit of a trick to get to it - I had to replace it on my red 91 XR2. I'll try to grab a picture for ya today!
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

010sambo

• 1992 Xr2 1995 F150
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 10:41:53 AM »

Thanks rocket man

mitch1204

• 1991 Mercury Capri NA Auto/ 1994 Mercury Capri NA
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 01:14:08 PM »

The wiper delay module is a little gray box under the center of the dash, beneath the radio. it's a bit of a trick to get to it - I had to replace it on my red 91 XR2. I'll try to grab a picture for ya today!

Good to have you on the forum. I need to get my glasses, lol. The manual says interval governor.  I thought it said internal. Doh!

010sambo

• 1992 Xr2 1995 F150
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 09:17:06 AM »

Hey rocket man,
The wiper module or This little grey box under the dash , does it have one screw on each side of it? I removed the passenger side kick panel i think I've located it but I'm not 100% sure if it is I plan to replace it this weekend.
Looks like it has one plug on this side of it , and it's attached to the dash supports upside down.

010sambo

• 1992 Xr2 1995 F150
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 04:40:15 PM »

I replaced my wiper Delay module and it worked hallelujah!
Thanks again rocketman.