TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Capris in movies  (Read 3885 times)

johnpic

• 1991 xr2
Capris in movies
« on: November 13, 2023, 08:45:28 AM »

Hi guys, I just watched the great, inspirational movie, Greater, last night. It is based on the true story of Brandon Burlsworth who, through faith & determination became an Arkansas Razorback. You can watch it for free on a number of channels on Roku. About 1/4-1/3 into the movie there is a scene in a parking lot where you can clearly see a red Mercury Capri Xr2! Does anyone know of any other movies our favorite little cars appear in?

JJ

Re: Capris in movies
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2023, 04:43:04 PM »

I've seen a few. One may have been in a tv series,  but I've long since forgotten... sorry

EShepherd

• 1991 Capri XR2, 1991 Capri XR2 Rusted out Shell
Re: Capris in movies
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2024, 05:35:51 AM »

There's two pages worth at the IMCDb:
https://www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?resultsStyle=asImages&yearFrom=1991&yearTo=1994&makeMatch=2&make=Mercury&modelMatch=1&model=Capri&modelInclModel=on&modelInclChassis=on&mk=&origin=&madein=&madefor=&role=

Fuck, thanks for this. It's been bugging the hell out of me since OP asked the question.

The Wire, NYPD Blue, and Sienfeld. It was definitely one of those I remembered seeing one in....most likely the Wire.