TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: Capris in movies  (Read 3879 times)

johnpic

• 1991 xr2
Capris in movies
« on: November 13, 2023, 08:45:28 AM »

Hi guys, I just watched the great, inspirational movie, Greater, last night. It is based on the true story of Brandon Burlsworth who, through faith & determination became an Arkansas Razorback. You can watch it for free on a number of channels on Roku. About 1/4-1/3 into the movie there is a scene in a parking lot where you can clearly see a red Mercury Capri Xr2! Does anyone know of any other movies our favorite little cars appear in?

JJ

Re: Capris in movies
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2023, 04:43:04 PM »

I've seen a few. One may have been in a tv series,  but I've long since forgotten... sorry

EShepherd

• 1991 Capri XR2, 1991 Capri XR2 Rusted out Shell
Re: Capris in movies
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2024, 05:35:51 AM »

There's two pages worth at the IMCDb:
https://www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?resultsStyle=asImages&yearFrom=1991&yearTo=1994&makeMatch=2&make=Mercury&modelMatch=1&model=Capri&modelInclModel=on&modelInclChassis=on&mk=&origin=&madein=&madefor=&role=

Fuck, thanks for this. It's been bugging the hell out of me since OP asked the question.

The Wire, NYPD Blue, and Sienfeld. It was definitely one of those I remembered seeing one in....most likely the Wire.