TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: Fuel pump recommendation...  (Read 3863 times)

Pappy T

• 91 base Capri
Fuel pump recommendation...
« on: October 27, 2014, 03:39:48 PM »

Hi all, recently joined the site since picking up a 91 base. Needs a little work but in pretty good shape, 51,000 miles !
Had starting issues, narrowed down to fuel pump, check valve issues. Ordered a pump ( Carter ) and does not fit, length, diameter and filter orientation all off. Sent them pics and all, won't work. 
So, question of the day... who makes a fuel pump that goes in without having to Goldberg it together ??
Good site here, hopefully I'll be able to contribute something useful too ! Thanks, Pappy T .

tonlaw71

• Administrator
    • 1992 XR2 and a 2013 Nissan Juke
Re: Fuel pump recommendation...
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 07:10:05 PM »

Welcome to the forum!! Glad to have you here.

A quick search on Rockauto.com shows these and several more:

DENSO Part # 9510012
DELPHI Part # FE0256
TYC Part # 152012
///Tony aka Bubba Gumpshrimp\\\

///'92 Plasti-Dipped XR2\\\

Pappy T

• 91 base Capri
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 08:16:47 PM »

Thanks tonlaw, got a Autobest in mail today, looks to be the same dimensions as original, we'll see tomorrow how the rest of it goes !   I know it wasn't the priciest but, the bigger dollar one didn't fit ! If it lasts 5 or so years I'm okay with that, probably won't have it that long.

Pappy T

• 91 base Capri
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 07:05:58 PM »

Update : installed Autobest pump, started in a couple cranks . Really close to original in size, so it fit in bracket good, their filter is a little shorter but I don't think it will matter.
In playing with old pump we found by blowing in and lightly sucking on the line out that the check valve would work stick, that's why irregular starting, fuel would not hold pressure IN LINE . If you would try 10-12 times with old pump it might eventually start but leave it sit and it wouldn't start.
Hope this of use to those with same issue.    Now on to other stuff !

JJ

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 06:17:05 PM »

Pappy,

What part number did you wind up getting?

JJ