TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36

Author Topic: What did you do to your Capri today?  (Read 217953 times)

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
Re: What did you do to your Capri today?
« Reply #345 on: January 11, 2019, 10:58:19 AM »

Paintless dent repair is a skill and art.  It takes a lot of practice and some expensive tools.  I've tried it myself with minimal success.  You can get the tools off eBay, but they are expensive.  You also need some movable lighting.  I haven't checked, but I'll bet there are videos on YouTube.  For a couple of dents, you're gonna want to contact someone local that does it.  Google it or check around at used car lots.  They are the major customers for the service.  Good luck.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
« Reply #346 on: February 02, 2019, 07:22:12 PM »

I forgot to post last week, while in for the meet last weekend, I managed to get a defroster switch from a FB member.  The face is separated, but I guess a little glue will fix that.  I was going to also get the relay which I thought was located near the fuel pump switch, but it wasn't there. Rockauto has one for $15.  Also got the lighted rear view mirror the guy had for sale the other day.  Now if it ever gets warm.....

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
« Reply #347 on: February 05, 2019, 08:26:57 PM »

Had a 2 1/4" cat back exhaust and a turbo muffler installed.  Sounds really good, deep throaty and really changed the personality of the car.  The boost seems to build quicker and seems to get a little more boost.  Hope to be able to try it out more in a couple of days.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

jdp

• 1994 Magenta Capri NA, 94 Reef greenXR2 and 92 XR2
« Reply #348 on: February 05, 2019, 10:21:56 PM »

Hey Jack....send me a messenger please with a video so I can hear how it sounds.  I had my 92 up on a rack at the shop last week to start figuring out the new exhaust.  Found someone had already put in a performance cat and 2 1/4" mid pipe back to the muffler.  Muffler is small with 2" input and 1 3/4" output.  The tailpipe is rusted off.  That accounts for the 92 being a lot spunkier than the 94 that has factory exhaust.  The shop I was at did not want to bend a new tailpipe, so I am still in search of a shop here that will.

John
John

Skunkwrkz

• 84' Porsche 928, 88' RX7 V8, 95 M3, 02 Celica GTS
« Reply #349 on: February 16, 2019, 05:47:12 PM »

MOCK UP (these are just cut outs at the moment, as I am waiting for the lights to get here) of new tail light idea 💡 for the Capri. Uses black out tail light covers and LED’s. I am creating molded housings for each with perforated mesh ~ ala Ferrari F355 tail lights as a template.  Rear spoiler will compliment them but is getting the "Millen" treatment at the moment. 8)

« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 06:05:34 PM by Skunkwrkz »

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #350 on: February 17, 2019, 08:23:38 AM »

Reminds me a lot of the Clubsprint lights. Russ had done a molded prototype years ago that took Vette circular lights if I am remembering right.
Do you have any plans for reverse lights? Are they built into the LED panels?
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
« Reply #351 on: February 17, 2019, 11:03:43 AM »

MOCK UP (these are just cut outs at the moment, as I am waiting for the lights to get here) of new tail light idea 💡 for the Capri. Uses black out tail light covers and LED’s. I am creating molded housings for each with perforated mesh ~ ala Ferrari F355 tail lights as a template.  Rear spoiler will compliment them but is getting the "Millen" treatment at the moment. 8)

I'm gonna have to come up for a visit when the weather is better.   Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

Skunkwrkz

« Reply #352 on: February 18, 2019, 05:35:56 PM »

Reminds me a lot of the Clubsprint lights. Russ had done a molded prototype years ago that took Vette circular lights if I am remembering right.
Do you have any plans for reverse lights? Are they built into the LED panels?

Ok , so these are REALLY not even roughed in yet. Those are color print outs, to scale of the lights I bought. They get here from overseas this week and are brand new. This version utilizes the GTS smoked tail light covers and will be built as such that you could "reverse" it without harming the 91-93 tails. The lights will be in housings that resemble the Ferrari 458 tails (though not as deep as in the pic) since there is a slight angle on ours, that I would need to account for so that they face vertical instead of tilted. I will also either incorporate a reverse light between the circular lights that is rectangular like the R32 Skyline lights OR I have an LED that is dual function as a 3rd Brake light AND a reverse light that attaches to the top bolts of the license tag bracket. OR I will delete the stock 3rd brake light and glass an LED bar into the new rear spoiler that I am fabbing for it that is reminiscent of the Millen one from years ago. ALSO, I plan on painting/tinting the outside bezels of the first lights so that they will still look metal but will blend into the tinted GTS tail light covers better. I think this would also be the easiest one for someone to replicate that doesn't have a lot of skill working with cat hair/long strand fiberglass.

R32 Skyline Reverse lamps inset of the two tail lights

Ferrari 458 housings idea

I am also making a pair that requires some fiberglass work and uses the Depot 300ZX "Ferrari" Tail lights. with a donor set of 91 stock tails for the housings. They would have LED star bulbs in them as the MAIN reason I am doing this is function. Form matters but is secondary since our tails are woefully "underlit" even with adding the second brake light bulb to the inner housing.

I have done this mesh "3D" surround on my RX7 if I can find some pics

Last, I want to try a 3 light "sequential set utilizing Dakota Digital LED tail lights for a 62 Impala and not use the chrome bezels.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 11:47:52 PM by Skunkwrkz »

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
« Reply #353 on: February 19, 2019, 10:34:48 AM »

Wow, busy man...

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
« Reply #354 on: March 02, 2019, 12:46:06 PM »

New Sony CD receiver and sub, 600Watts.  We be rockin' now.  So far the only problem is it drowns out the rumble of my exhaust.  One problem after the other.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
« Reply #355 on: March 04, 2019, 08:41:13 PM »

Had a 2 1/4" cat back exhaust and a turbo muffler installed.  Sounds really good, deep throaty and really changed the personality of the car.  The boost seems to build quicker and seems to get a little more boost.  Hope to be able to try it out more in a couple of days.

Jack Byrd

Update: went back to Florida. Was hoping to improve gas mileage.  Any improvement may have been superceded by leadfoot syndrome, oh well.  Did figure out what to do about the hum at 80MPH, turn up the radio.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

Skunkwrkz

« Reply #356 on: March 05, 2019, 05:25:46 PM »

Decided to try a different mirror option I've been eyeballin' for a while, that I thought carries the lines of our car and are a lot more aero, so I "mocked up" these this past weekend. The match the 90's "angled" look of the rest of the bodywork much better than some of the "M3" type aftermarket mirrors I have seen. So, the donor car is the 84-89 Starion/Conquest ~ Starquest and is a factory remote and heated mirror. It's an easy modification to make it fit our cars and can be done with a Dremel, a new carriage bolt, a couple nuts and 3-4 fender washers per side and some good JB weld to position the bolts, washers and nuts for an oem fit that won't ever budge. Obviously, I will shoot the mirror red after I get everything smooth and snugged up.

The last pic is of my 2JZ swapped SHP "Starquest". I have a spare parts bin that it came from. Helps to see it in red I think. Now for the passenger side mirror and the pin out for the remote mirror switch. Haven't decided if I will mess with the heated mirror function yet.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 05:56:05 PM by Skunkwrkz »

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
« Reply #357 on: March 07, 2019, 05:22:49 PM »

Decided to try a different mirror option I've been eyeballin' for a while, that I thought carries the lines of our car and are a lot more aero, so I "mocked up" these this past weekend. The match the 90's "angled" look of the rest of the bodywork much better than some of the "M3" type aftermarket mirrors I have seen. So, the donor car is the 84-89 Starion/Conquest ~ Starquest and is a factory remote and heated mirror. It's an easy modification to make it fit our cars and can be done with a Dremel, a new carriage bolt, a couple nuts and 3-4 fender washers per side and some good JB weld to position the bolts, washers and nuts for an oem fit that won't ever budge. Obviously, I will shoot the mirror red after I get everything smooth and snugged up.

The last pic is of my 2JZ swapped SHP "Starquest". I have a spare parts bin that it came from. Helps to see it in red I think. Now for the passenger side mirror and the pin out for the remote mirror switch. Haven't decided if I will mess with the heated mirror function yet.

That looks really nice.  What is a Starion.....lol  Good work.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

Skunkwrkz

« Reply #358 on: March 08, 2019, 03:44:06 AM »

Thanks Jack. I hesitate to stick them on FB pages until they are done for obvious reasons that everyone's a critic these days.  ::) The answer to your question is that the Starion/Conquest was made by Mitsubishi and sold here as the Starion AND Chrysler Conquest from 84-89. They were packed solid with tech and were RWD Turbo cars with a fully independent suspension and Anti-lock brakes in certain years. the 87-89 had an SHP (handling package) that had coilovers, a widebody treatment to the exterior and wider, staggered wheels and are very collectible. Starting to appreciate some and are a great swap car for the 4G63 (from the Talon, Eclipse, EVO) as well the LSx V8 series and the 2JZ from the Supra twin turbo. The stock motor was capable but had it's limits. The LS swap is cool but required more fabrication than I was willing to do. The 2JZ is good for 900hp on the stock bottom end so it's ALL the motor the car will ever need and can be tuned  for track days or a drag strip (the track days are more my speed these days) They are relatively cheap and can be turned into wickedly fast but predictable cars as they were decently engineered for even today's standards. PLUS, no driver aids.....just the way I like it.

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
« Reply #359 on: March 08, 2019, 09:37:02 AM »

Thanks Jack. I hesitate to stick them on FB pages until they are done for obvious reasons that everyone's a critic these days.  ::) The answer to your question is that the Starion/Conquest was made by Mitsubishi and sold here as the Starion AND Chrysler Conquest from 84-89. They were packed solid with tech and were RWD Turbo cars with a fully independent suspension and Anti-lock brakes in certain years. the 87-89 had an SHP (handling package) that had coilovers, a widebody treatment to the exterior and wider, staggered wheels and are very collectible. Starting to appreciate some and are a great swap car for the 4G63 (from the Talon, Eclipse, EVO) as well the LSx V8 series and the 2JZ from the Supra twin turbo. The stock motor was capable but had it's limits. The LS swap is cool but required more fabrication than I was willing to do. The 2JZ is good for 900hp on the stock bottom end so it's ALL the motor the car will ever need and can be tuned  for track days or a drag strip (the track days are more my speed these days) They are relatively cheap and can be turned into wickedly fast but predictable cars as they were decently engineered for even today's standards. PLUS, no driver aids.....just the way I like it.

Cool
Jack Byrd
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36