TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: throttle mount hardware  (Read 2745 times)

Allan

throttle mount hardware
« on: September 06, 2014, 07:43:07 PM »

I'm bypassing a shot cruise control. To convert to a non cruise control throttle cable, I need the mounting hardware for a non cruise control Capri. Anybody have that available or a suggestion on how to do the conversion? Many thanks. Allan

blueamber

Re: throttle mount hardware
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 11:15:20 PM »

What is wrong with your cruise control that makes you want to change out the cables...

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 12:50:38 PM »

For whatever reason, the cruise control cables tend to fail a lot, at least on the XR2's. The sheath breaks and wears, causing slop. There's no replacement for the cruise cables, but there are for the non-cruise (they're quite different on the firewall sides) the non-cruise cable fits to the firewall just fine on cruise cars

You shouldn't need any hardware or anything special, the new cable clips directly into the firewall, just remove the existing cables and junction box
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

Allan

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 04:28:30 PM »

Thanks very much! I will order the cable from RooSport and let my mechanic know that it should be an easy switch.

azgtx

• Old-Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 06:21:45 PM »

That is a real s hitty job working up under the dash to hook up the cable to the pedal and taking out the dash in a Capri is not a nice job either.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 11:52:07 PM »

With a good flashlight you can get up there, it's not too bad. I've done them a few times now.

Blueamber had a trick, with the proper sized socket it automatically squeezes the plastic tabs in so you can pop it right out.

Use a long screwdriver or similar tool to pop the cable out of the top of the gas pedal. Nowhere needing dash removal
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"