TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: I need photos of under the engine and brumper!  (Read 2463 times)

pilotlars

• 1993 Mercury Capri
I need photos of under the engine and brumper!
« on: June 04, 2018, 01:53:19 PM »

HI, i'm missing every splash shield and cover under my bumper and engine and I'd like to know what they look like and where I can get some! Thanks, Lars

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Re: I need photos of under the engine and brumper!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 12:14:04 AM »

Do you need them? Mine have been removed/fallen off/ otherwise missing on most of my Capris, and I seem to fare ok. Does anyone else have a similar experience?

Your best bet will probably be a junkyard or a parts car, www.car-part.com may help
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

pilotlars

• 1993 Mercury Capri
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 07:26:46 PM »

There's a teal one driving around here that i see a few times a year. if I ever see it parked i'll shimmy under it. There are none in the salvage yards here. I'll check the link you sent but I'd still like to know what goes under there.

pilotlars

• 1993 Mercury Capri
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 07:47:49 PM »

That link didn't show anything.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 11:02:12 PM »

It might help you locate a vehicle at a junkyard, at the very least - you could then call the yard and see if they have what you need (even if the part isnt listed). It's a pretty handy site.

I think there are two splash guards that sit on the left & right side and a center one, that spans between the two. It reaches from the bottom of the rad support to about the back of the oil pan, if I remember right.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

pilotlars

• 1993 Mercury Capri
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 01:39:14 AM »

I'm not used to that, the yards here have NO idea which vehicles they have nor which parts. I have to continually drive over and walk around looking for certain cars. My Capri had the lower left stone shield and nothing else. I bought the rubber radiator air seal piece for under the bumper but don't see how it attaches. Some of my lower bumper is torn off. There's also no splash shield at the forward edge of engine (behind the right front wheel) so the crankshaft pulley and belts are exposed. I don't like that.  There's a lower right stone shield for sale on ebay, I may get that too. I've also seen one that seems to connect the bumper to the underside of the car.