TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: WTT Electric doors for manual doors.  (Read 2603 times)

350boatracing

• 91 Capri 5 speed Non turbo
WTT Electric doors for manual doors.
« on: July 17, 2014, 07:41:06 PM »

I have power doors on my car. They were originally silver and painted black. The paint isn't bad but the silver shows in little spots. Are Some small dents. The passenger side window motor works. The driver side motor I believe is bad. I would like to trade my 2 power doors for 2 non power silver doors. I will be trying to get down to the original paint that a po covered. If interested I can get pictures.

Thanks.

blueamber

Re: WTT Electric doors for manual doors.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 09:46:10 PM »

Are you talking about power windows vs. crank windows?  Our capris were ALL power windows, no crank windows available.

If the driver window makes noise when you try to use it (crunching sound and not much movement) then the regulator needs replacing.  It nothing at all happens when you operate the switch, the switch could be bad, a common failing part of the Capri...Chris

350boatracing

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 09:43:40 PM »

thanks chris. I found voltage at the switch, I'll have to check and see if it's actually outputting voltage on the other side of the switch. i get no noises or movement at all. How often do the window motors go bad?

blueamber

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 02:04:42 PM »

The metal window motors on later Capris are very reliable, the plastic motors on early Capris are NOT.

Easiest thing to do, besides buying a working switch, is take the switch apart and clean all that soot off the copper parts.  Don't use a polish, I use fine steel wool and fine sandpaper.  Make them shine like new, put it together, and you may be back in business...Chris

350boatracing

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 09:13:17 PM »

Thanks again for the tip Chris.