TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: WTB 1991 XR2 ashtray with cover and fog lights  (Read 3646 times)

XR2Man

• 1991 Mercury Capri XR2
WTB 1991 XR2 ashtray with cover and fog lights
« on: July 12, 2014, 05:36:53 PM »

Looking to buy a 1991 XR2 ashtray with cover in dark graphite. Also looking for an OEM fog light...good condition and inexpensive. OR where I can by an aftermarket SET that will fit.

zxtunerdotcom

Re: WTB 1991 XR2 ashtray with cover and fog lights
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 05:43:48 PM »

I have what you're looking for - shoot me a fair offer and they're yours

XR2Man

• 1991 Mercury Capri XR2
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 04:44:38 PM »

Hi there,

I found fog lights. They are just a little bit smaller than the originals and they mount exactly the same with the original mounting brackets.
  I am still looking for an ashtray assembly with the cover and the insert that fits in the ashtray. Got one of those in good condition? They run about $40.00 new. Also still looking for the safety latch for the hood. Shoot me a price for it.

XR2Man...Jim

blueamber

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 01:59:26 PM »

I may have those parts, until I look, where are you seeing new ash tray assemblies for sale? ...Chris

XR2Man

• 1991 Mercury Capri XR2
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 08:10:44 PM »

For sale but no stock. They are discontinued. If there was stock, the retail was $40.00 for the assembly. So do you have the ashtray assembly and the hood safety hook? Shoot me a price for both.

JJ

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 11:32:18 PM »

Can you tell us about the fog lights you got? Are they new? Manufacturer/part numbers?

Thanks,

JJ

XR2Man

• 1991 Mercury Capri XR2
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 09:38:23 PM »

Hi there all,
    Sorry it took me so long to get back to you about the fog lights. Ok.....I bought a 1991 Capri and the fog lights didn't work and one of them was broken. I took them off the car and looked and looked and looked locally but couldn't find anything that would work. Then one day I was out shopping at a big box store and was in the automotive dept and found a set that I thought would fit. I was right! they did and they look great. They are made by PILOT. They are the NAVIGATOR series and the model# is NV-100Z. They measure 3-1/2" high by 5-1/2" wide. The lights are just a little bit smaller than the opening on the front bumper. Take the mounting bracket off the lights. The mounting bracket on the car will fit on the plastic part on the back of the light. You will have to spread the bracket apart a bit to get it on the light. Also you will need to get  bolts, nuts, washers etc to fit through the light and the bracket. The bracket from the car will mount right back the way it came off the car. Adjust the light and tighten it down. Also, I cut the cable off the original lights and spliced them on to the new lights wires so they will plug right into the harness on the car. They work great! Just like the factory ones used to. Amazon carries them, AutoZone, Meijer. Just do a search for your area. The price?? I paid between 20-25 dollars!!

Capritain

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 06:35:33 PM »

Way to Go!
Show some pic maybe someone wants to see it before they go out and buy it.
91 CAPRAI N/A 5-Speed
D-town, Iowa

XR2Man

• 1991 Mercury Capri XR2
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 02:01:16 PM »

I have pictures of the fog lights installed on my 91 Capri. I guess you cant upload pictures on this site?