TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: First long drive  (Read 2003 times)

Grimsleeper

• 1991 Capri XR2
First long drive
« on: July 06, 2014, 01:51:06 PM »

So I've been working on my 91 XR2 for a few weeks now.  I've been getting it ready to become my daily driver.  I live just south of Dallas and work in Shreveport, LA during the week.  So I drive round trip from Dallas to Shreveport once a week and them make the 20 mile drive into my office from an apartment I have in the Shreveport area.  Today is the first trip in the XR2.  I'm looking forward to the ride and I know the old girl will do fine.  I've done all the major work that needed to be addressed.  I've installed a new drivers side CV axle, changed all the fluids, changed the filters.  Worked out all the electrical bugs that I found.  The stereo has been updated and sounds good for 4 little speakers (more to come later).  The cruise control is functional again.  Thanks to some really great advice I received here on the forum.  That little hole on the clutch pedal assembly was the culprit.  Sealed the hole and the cruise works.  That's really nice on a 200 mile drive down I-20.

Thanks again to all that have given advice.  I'll let you know how the first drive goes.  And by this time next week, I'll be making the drive with the upgraded 5th gear from Russ!  I'm really looking forward to that.