Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Capri XR-2 89-94

roll bar/cage

(1/2) > >>

keyfoot:
Anyone have a roll bar or cage on their capri that still allows for the hard to be put on. And the soft top to still go up and down?

If so can you post some pictures.

and how much did it cost you ?

Thinking of getting one In  the future

CapriXR2:
Bump, also in need of a bar.

keyfoot:
Epic bump of desperation

Rocketman:
I've seen one functional roll cage, I think it was a red car from Washington state? It's changed hands a few times, I don't have any pictures of it though. It was a custom built cage, it allowed the soft top to be used but I'm not sure about about a hard top. It was built to spec for SCCA racing. $$$$

There's been a few "rollbars" fitted to a Capri, some have been adapted from a Miata, but they're purely for looks.
http://teamcapri.com/forum/index.php/topic,1865.msg6313.html#msg6313 this one is somewhere in between

CapriTypeR:
No bars that I know of that you can buy for the Capri that will function as a real "roll bar". It would have to be custom made. Anything you could buy that would fit the Capri would only function as a "show Bar", and provide no roll-over protection.

I had a "show bar in mine....Soft top worked fine, and although I never tries to mount a hard top, it should have gone on with no issues.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version