TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: Custom 91 Capri  (Read 4598 times)

theunnamed1

• 1991 Mercury Capri N/A Auto
Custom 91 Capri
« on: June 04, 2014, 12:37:29 AM »

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2ngx20o.jpg

Probably the ugliest Photoshop job I have ever done. If you can look past my hack job and squint your eyes a little... I think I could do this very easily. Does anyone think it would be easy and/or cool?

91 Mercury Capri N/A 73k miles

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Re: Custom 91 Capri
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 08:07:45 AM »

I like everything except the cut out of the header panel. It looks...off. Not that I like the stock header panel, it's such an odd piece on this car, I've waged many wars against them (dents, replacement etc) lol

Practically, that cut would be weird because it's 3D, the bits still sticking down by the lights would be way far forward than the edge would be on the center. Would look much different from the side.
There's also the matter that there's a fair bit of framework and hood latch directly behind the center of the header panel that would then be visible, I suppose you could do something to hide it

All IMHO of course! Your car, you do what you want :D

I want to add a Mercury-esque grill to mine, with the polished vertical bars:

I think that would add a subtle touch of class & make the car more recognizable as a Mercury. I had a photoshop of it at some point but that's long gone. I suppose I'll get around to making the grill one of these days lol
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

blueamber

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 11:53:21 AM »

Very cool looking!  Looks like more work than I would tackle, but I'm not an accomplished body guy.  Reminds me of the mouth of the old Jaguar XKE.  Try a version with the turn signals gone, not blacked, substitute for ones underside of the bumper, or in the bumper matching that thin strip profile...

So, finish the look and lets see what the headlights look like when on. 

Building up the front end around the fenders and hood, kind of bulging it all forward, is something I've looked at, the totally changed the character of the front.  Maybe some steampunk details??? lol??? ...Chris

theunnamed1

• 1991 Mercury Capri N/A Auto
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 09:02:19 AM »

How much air flow can I block off on these cars before I start seeing problems? Could I leave the lower grille portion and block off the upper portion? Kind of the opposite of what I have mocked up.

91 Mercury Capri N/A 73k miles

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 12:15:11 PM »

That one I'm not too sure on. I've never seen anyone block the grill before.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"