TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: lower control arm  (Read 3957 times)

gary scott

• TeamCapri Supporter
    • 1993 N/A blue / white soft / blue hard top
lower control arm
« on: February 19, 2014, 12:07:10 AM »

does anyone know if the 89 mazda 323 2WD lower control arm will work on 1993 NA capri.
pictures on NAPA site looks like the one in the capri manual.
I went through a BIG pothole and the swaybar got whacked, bent end link a lot  and control arm a little. wheel is now sitting about 1.25" - 1.5" to the rear  :-\
could be a problem if I have a passenger and make right turn. tire may make contact to inner fender well.
weather is wonderful for driving with top down and i can only 1/2 drive due to slight damage.
Gary

grantduffield

• TeamCapri Supporter
    • 1991 Capri (automatic)
Re: lower control arm
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 01:39:41 PM »

The weather is beautiful! 

The part listed in the Capri manual sure does look a lot like the "Dorman 520-812 Lower Control Arm" shown on eBay.  I'm no genius, but it sure looks like a fit.  Pull A Part in Charlotte has got a 94 capri on the yard as well as a 323. 
This is a very complicated case (car), a lot of ins, a lot of outs, a lot of what-have-yous.

Chicken

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 03:11:36 PM »

Yes.  Same as BF Body 323 2wd.

*If you ever find the BF 323 4wd lower control arms, get them.  Those owners are always looking for them.

If you heard it from an automotive forum, get a second, and third opinion.

gary scott

• TeamCapri Supporter
    • 1993 N/A blue / white soft / blue hard top
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 05:03:59 PM »

thanks for confirmation guys.

I can get new one for 323. There are some in lexington at two salvage yards that are $40 or less for capri. just can't get to salvage yards after work. working til 4:30 or 5:00. i can get to auto parts store after work easy. they don't close til 9:00. then I could start friday evening and be done saturday. 

looks like rain Friday
Gary