TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What do you do?  (Read 7796 times)

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
What do you do?
« on: May 03, 2014, 02:41:24 PM »

I've seen thread like this on another forum, figured we'll give it a shot here. What do you do for a living?

At the moment I'm running my own foundry/machine shop, and do odd jobs on the side where & when needed. I make parts for the Capri and a few other cars, as well as ornamental stuff & replacement parts for local industry. You've probably seen at least a little bit of my stuff :)

I've worked in a furniture factory, an industrial iron jobbing foundry, and a car parts store for a bit in the past, too.

What do you do?
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

tonlaw71

• Administrator
    • 1992 XR2 and a 2013 Nissan Juke
Re: What do you do?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 10:29:13 PM »

At the moment, I'm sitting around doing nothing. Still looking for work after the move over here to Vancouver, WA. But my line of work is Cyber Security!!
///Tony aka Bubba Gumpshrimp\\\

///'92 Plasti-Dipped XR2\\\

gary scott

• TeamCapri Supporter
    • 1993 N/A blue / white soft / blue hard top
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 07:41:38 AM »

I work in a furniture distribution center. my position in the company directory is Repair Secretary. Like most secretarys from days gone by, I posess an understanding and can / have done most jobs in the plant (not just my department) when needed.
I have been at this company 21 years and in this position about 10 years.

My second job is soccer referee. I referee from U6 Recreational, Youth challenge, classic, premier, Over 45 Amateur Adult, High School and Middle School. I started refereeing around 1997.

Gary

twopass

• 89 Festiva ,91 festiva ,92 capri NA,91 capri xr2
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 10:08:35 PM »

I am semi retired union pipe fitter. I ask for a layoff 2 years ago for personal reasons and just never went back.
I have a small shop and do small repairs for a few car lots and do a lot of odd jobs.

grantduffield

• TeamCapri Supporter
    • 1991 Capri (automatic)
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 10:46:02 PM »

I'm with government and i'm here to help!  I'm a recovering city manager (15 yrs) who has spent the last 3 years as assistant director of the state of SC's workers' comp agency/program.  When I'm not at my day job or messing with the capri, I am chasing my kids around and doing volunteer stuff. 
This is a very complicated case (car), a lot of ins, a lot of outs, a lot of what-have-yous.

Sceeter

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 10:24:15 AM »

I'm a motorcycle mec / service manager for 28 yrs. was a wielder, auto mec, factory maintence, late 60's early 70's Navy, farmboy, hippy some were in their. Now tired oh a CAPRI nut.     

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 02:46:47 PM »

I've seen thread like this on another forum, figured we'll give it a shot here. What do you do for a living?

At the moment I'm running my own foundry/machine shop, and do odd jobs on the side where & when needed. I make parts for the Capri and a few other cars, as well as ornamental stuff & replacement parts for local industry. You've probably seen at least a little bit of my stuff :)

I've worked in a furniture factory, an industrial iron jobbing foundry, and a car parts store for a bit in the past, too.

What do you do?

I'm guessing you're the same Rocketman on the Festiva Forum.  Your occupation seems to confirm that.  I was wondering about that after reading some of the on this forum posts.  I bought my Weber and modified my manifold about a month before you began casting adapters.

I'm disabled and retired and build cars when I feel like it.  Currently we're working on a 1966 Chevelle, 1969 Camaro and a 1937 Chevrolet hot rod.  Hopefully, soon to be working on a red Capri convertible.  Gotta get it running first though.

In the past I've run a trucking company, worked as a facilities engineer, and 25 years as a industrial designer.  I've even designed foundry molds.

If there is anything I can do for you, let me know because I'm planning on asking yawl for help, Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

grantduffield

• TeamCapri Supporter
    • 1991 Capri (automatic)
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 03:47:06 PM »

Hey Jack -

Was this the Capri in Dobson (Winston-Salem)?  If so, looked like a good find on CL.     
This is a very complicated case (car), a lot of ins, a lot of outs, a lot of what-have-yous.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 05:17:29 PM »

I'm guessing you're the same Rocketman on the Festiva Forum.  Your occupation seems to confirm that.  I was wondering about that after reading some of the on this forum posts.  I bought my Weber and modified my manifold about a month before you began casting adapters.

I'm disabled and retired and build cars when I feel like it.  Currently we're working on a 1966 Chevelle, 1969 Camaro and a 1937 Chevrolet hot rod.  Hopefully, soon to be working on a red Capri convertible.  Gotta get it running first though.

In the past I've run a trucking company, worked as a facilities engineer, and 25 years as a industrial designer.  I've even designed foundry molds.

If there is anything I can do for you, let me know because I'm planning on asking yawl for help, Jack Byrd

Yep one & the same here... Sorry I was late to the game with my adapter, it took significantly longer to develop than I would have liked.

Designed foundry molds huh? For any cool parts in particular? That's the hardest part of my job is designing & then building the patterns

Welcome to the forum!
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 09:23:45 AM »

Yep one & the same here... Sorry I was late to the game with my adapter, it took significantly longer to develop than I would have liked.

Designed foundry molds huh? For any cool parts in particular? That's the hardest part of my job is designing & then building the patterns

Welcome to the forum!
[/quote]

I worked at a couple of thermoform companies designing tooling.  We made packaging for everything from automotive parts to Medical parts.  Some simple some complicated.  Most were CNC and I also created milling programs for them and some were patterns for castings.  The CNC parts were easier to obtain and more predictable so we mainly used them.  Let me know if I can help,  Jack
Jack Byrd

Grimsleeper

• 1991 Capri XR2
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2014, 07:16:44 PM »

Well, I am currently the Chief Clinical Officer for a regional sleep diagnostic company in the southeast.  I've been listening to people snore for more than 20 years and getting paid to do it!  When I have a spare minute, I love to ride my Harley, build old school choppers and hotrods, and chase my wife and kid around. 

I just started my 91 Capri project and I'm having a blast with it.

Capri-guy

• 1994 Capri N/A & '86/'98 Saab 9000
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2014, 04:16:56 PM »

starting in 2008, i am a bus driver in regional public transport. my work base is Hilversum (by now world 'famous' because of MH17). it's the greatest job i've had so far (easy, because i had only one previous job at a local housing company). 

biggest advantages of this job: the minute my workday starts, i know when it ends (give or take a few minutes), and: it's only 5 min. walk from my home.

this is what i drive:

VDLBerkhof Ambassador 200, 12meter, mainly used for local traffic

VDLBerkhof Citea 13.80meter exclusively used for long distance to Amsterdam Amstel train station
1994 Mercury Capri 1.6 16v, reef green 173k mi.
1998 Saab 9000CSE 2.0t LPT Anniversary Scarab green 203k mi.
1986 Saab 9000CC 2.0i Odoardo grey, 153k km.

blchicago

• 1991 Capri, xTerra, Sonic
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 06:27:46 PM »

I'm a commercial real estate appraiser - do most anything in the commercial realm - office buildings, shopping centers, etc. Today I looked at a 30,000 sf school and church built in 1900's, then a commucations tower on otherwise vacant land. My Capri co-owner and son Carter will be a freshman at Eastern Il U. Go panthers!

Captain

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/capritain
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 07:23:51 PM »

I work in IT(Information Technology) department in Des Moines, Iowa for the last 20 years, 10 years alone with current place.

I love trying new things. That is fixer upper.  As you can see what I'm doing to my Capri. First time for everything.

Love this site :D.
91 Mercury Capri
Capritain @ Cardomain.com

supercowmoo3

• 1991 mercury capri n/a, 1984 vw rabbit diesel
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 10:16:18 PM »

currently im in school at erie community college attending a 2 year automotive technician training program. Also ive been working on cars since i was 14 with my grandfather who taught me by giving me a 1984 vw rabbit that ran like shit. After pulling it apart, painting it, rebuilding the engine and the injection pump, i had my very own car! Which sparked the interest in doing project cars all the time. So now when i have the time i work on my cars. Also i work at buffalo truck as a part time technician but mostly a cleaner lol. But you gotta start somewhere i guess, much better than pushing carts at walmart
Pages: [1] 2