Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Brakes/Suspension/Tires/Wheels

Mercury Tracer knuckle/hub

(1/4) > >>

grantduffield:
Interchangable with ours? (same model year and such).  I'm looking at an 1988 and 1994 Tracer in the salvage yard and trying to decide if they'd work.  What does the brain trust think?

Rocketman:
Im pretty sure the Tracer got nothing but the "Small" rotors that some of the N/As have.

Pretty sure the knuckle forging is the same piece, but the brake dust shields are going to be too small if you have the larger rotors

It would be 1988/1989 only. the 90+ tracers were a different chassis, the capri lagged behind one generation in chassis design compared to the Mazdas

grantduffield:
Matt -

Once again - thank you very, very much!  But honestly, HOW DO YOU KNOW ALL THIS STUFF??  Amazing..   :)

the hub and rotor don't seem to want to come free of the knuckle, so I may have to go track down a shop press. 

grantduffield:
btw - I went to the salvage yard, bought the hubs and knuckles off an 88 Tracer (with 43,000 miles on it).  I figure I'll use these hubs as the platform for the Big Brake upgrade.  If all goes well, I'll just swap the knuckles/assemblies.  If it doesn't go to plan, I'm not dead in the water waiting on parts, etc. 

Rocketman:

--- Quote from: grantduffield on March 29, 2014, 09:49:44 PM ---Matt -

Once again - thank you very, very much!  But honestly, HOW DO YOU KNOW ALL THIS STUFF??  Amazing..   :)

the hub and rotor don't seem to want to come free of the knuckle, so I may have to go track down a shop press.

--- End quote ---

You can gently tap it free - see my bearing guide.

November will mark one decade of continuous capri ownership for me. Stuff builds up over time, lol.

New dust shields should be able to be had from Mazda, theyre pressed on

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version