Tech, Repairs, Upgrades > Ford Festiva

Hi I'm new

(1/8) > >>

zoom zoom:
Hi all, new here! I'm buying a couple b6t's in the near future and I want to make sure I have my ducks in a row before I try to swap anything. I don't know if I'll even be using them this year but eventually one will make it's way into a Festiva.

Hopefully I can learn what I need to know between here and the Festiva site. I have a sohc b6 in my current Festiva and I love it. The stem seals and front main need replaced but it's not that bad they will work for awhile longer. Never had a turbo car so I am really excited about this deal I'm getting.

Rocketman:
Welcome Matt what ducks do you need? And why a couple B6T's? :D

Turbos are addicting!

zoom zoom:
Just a couple turbo related components that I'm not familiar with. I may need to come up with a relay here or there if it's not attached to the two harnesses I'm getting, maybe a knock box, who knows what I will end up needing haha..

I'm buying 3, the first one has 160k and a "newer" turbo but the manifold is cracked. Supposed to be a good engine. Comes with the Capri harness and Ecu, and the guy I'm buying it from is going to mark the wires that need spliced for me to make it as dummy proof as possible.

So I'm gonna get another engine that has a vj11 with a good mani but the wastegate was welded shut and it was over boosted for who knows how long, owner says it just smokes a little like bad stem seals but I won't know till I get it and tear into it.

Then the third has a bad head gasket, unknown turbo, obviously works he ran the car for a few minutes just NO power like a clogged exhaust, good manifold and wiring harness and possibly the Ecu with this deal if I can talk him out of it.

So basically what I'm tentatively planning and might not even happen but I might get a wild hair and do it one weekend if think I have the stuff and I feel up to the challenge....

Swap manifolds on engine 1, drop it in The Festiva and make it run, make sure everything is wired properly and try to figure out what turbos are about. If I like the power I have a g series with an MFactory LSD that will be bolted to the engine I build out of 2&3 with miata pistons and a vj11/14 from the two junk turbos. I don't want to jump all in and be neck deep in modifications at once with nothing to show for it. I need a car I can beat on daily, so no long term garage queen projects for me. I already learned that lesson lol..

Swapping from stock to g series transmissions is a weekend project in itself, having to do custom mounts and check binding in the axles. So at first I want to just use the stock trans, it's about to go anyway and I got spares so it doesn't matter.

I don't think I'll be posting anything about it on the Festiva site for personal reasons. :)

Rocketman:
The manifolds on just about every B6T are cracked. Most of the cracks are not large enough to cause any issues, I've only ever seen one that was bad enough to need replacement.

Engine with a VJ11? Wastegate welded shut? I'd pass on this one unless you get the trans with it. Azgtx usually has a line on VJ11 to make hybrids with, this one sounds like it was beat to piss.

Why not swap the G-Series in there to begin with & do it right? It's well known that the F-series doesn't play nice with the B6T. Why swap in a fun engine if you can't play with it? :D

If you need fab work done head out this way we can make it happen!

zoom zoom:
Haha that's a seriously tempting offer! I don't want to get in too deep, I work a lot of hours (70+) so my time is limited. I need to do it in steps for my own piece of mind.

For the price of #2 I can't pass it up lol... Who knows when you might need a spare head or something off the block. The used fuel injectors alone are worth more than the price of the motor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version