TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: [FS] Galant Big Brake Upgrade Service  (Read 2823 times)

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
[FS] Galant Big Brake Upgrade Service
« on: January 23, 2014, 02:13:06 AM »

So I've done about a half dozen of these upgrades for mine & other's cars at this point. I will offer this service up to members of TeamCapri here as well

This is the "Galant Big Brake Upgrade" first pioneered by the Mazda 323 GTX community and has been proven to work on the Mercury Capri.

You will need to supply your knuckles to be upgraded. I may have cores on hand, please contact me first.

These tasks are performed to complete the upgrade:
  • New bearings, packed with quality grease and preloaded to factory spec (with original Ford Special Service Tool's)
  • New grease seals
  • Machined hub to fit new rotor
  • New longer wheel studs pressed into hubs
  • Brake caliper throat clearanced to fit rotor
You have the option to save some costs by purchasing your own rotors & calipers (the calipers will need minor grinding to fit correctly)

Benefits of the Big Brake Upgrade
  • Thicker vented rotors for better heat dissipation (Much less prone to brake fade)
  • No longer uses a "Captured" rotor - do not need to press knuckles apart to replace rotors. Simply remove the wheel and caliper!
  • Larger brake calipers & pads offer more surface area - more braking power!

Cost for the upgrade is $600 for the full ready to bolt-on upgrade, using YOUR knuckles. If you want to provide some of your own parts, the cost can be adjusted. (rotors, brake calipers, etc save on cost + shipping. contact me for a price)
If you are interested in having just your hubs machined, and you take care of bearings + assembly, contact me!

-Rocketman
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

WashiestSnake

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 Mercury Capri
Re: [FS] Galant Big Brake Upgrade Service
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 09:14:48 AM »

Looking to get my hubs machined.
1991 Mercury Capri 68,xxx Miles--Project(AWD)
1996 Lincoln Continental -- The Boat(Given to my Brother)