TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: '91 XR2 for sale or as parts car  (Read 2818 times)

phosco

• Capri XR2, Jetta
'91 XR2 for sale or as parts car
« on: December 27, 2013, 10:06:43 AM »

I am trying to figure out how to post on classifieds. I'd like to post my '91 Capri XR2 . low compression. New top, new cat convertor, good tires, replacement gas tank, elec headlights & windows work great, rebuilt turbo w low mileage and frequent oil changes, replacement nose for car not yet installed, good interior, good tail lenses, trunk & spare. How to post this ? Oh, car is at the New Jersey shore

blueamber

Re: '91 XR2 for sale or as parts car
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 03:35:17 PM »

I think you just posted it!!!  Members can get back to you off line with offers.  What does the low compression point to?

A year ago I bought a 91 xr2, everything worked except no #3 compression, turned out to be a burnt valve.  The guy tried to sell the car for over a year, new upholstery, new tires, new top, new a/c, new paint... He found out that selling a majorly broken car was not easy, and I finally offered parts car price and he took the offer.  I did the work myself and it's a dependable car for my daughter.

Good luck with selling it, but any car with $1000 dollar repair bill up front can be a difficult sale...Chris

Jim Simms

• 1991 XR2 Cardinal Red, great body, needs paint
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 09:28:57 PM »

If your car has cruise control, I am in need of a throttle cable. I have a 91 XR2.
Jim
(803) 309-6850

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 10:45:19 PM »

How much are you looking to get for the whole car?
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"