TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: '91 XR2 for sale or as parts car  (Read 2789 times)

phosco

• Capri XR2, Jetta
'91 XR2 for sale or as parts car
« on: December 27, 2013, 10:06:43 AM »

I am trying to figure out how to post on classifieds. I'd like to post my '91 Capri XR2 . low compression. New top, new cat convertor, good tires, replacement gas tank, elec headlights & windows work great, rebuilt turbo w low mileage and frequent oil changes, replacement nose for car not yet installed, good interior, good tail lenses, trunk & spare. How to post this ? Oh, car is at the New Jersey shore

blueamber

Re: '91 XR2 for sale or as parts car
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 03:35:17 PM »

I think you just posted it!!!  Members can get back to you off line with offers.  What does the low compression point to?

A year ago I bought a 91 xr2, everything worked except no #3 compression, turned out to be a burnt valve.  The guy tried to sell the car for over a year, new upholstery, new tires, new top, new a/c, new paint... He found out that selling a majorly broken car was not easy, and I finally offered parts car price and he took the offer.  I did the work myself and it's a dependable car for my daughter.

Good luck with selling it, but any car with $1000 dollar repair bill up front can be a difficult sale...Chris

Jim Simms

• 1991 XR2 Cardinal Red, great body, needs paint
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 09:28:57 PM »

If your car has cruise control, I am in need of a throttle cable. I have a 91 XR2.
Jim
(803) 309-6850

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 10:45:19 PM »

How much are you looking to get for the whole car?
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"