TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Who would be interested in a tuneable plug'n'play ECU?  (Read 22472 times)

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Re: Who would be interested in a tuneable plug'n'play ECU?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2019, 09:26:18 PM »

There is also the RUSEFI out there that is insanely configurable/DIY.

Ya, the guy who started that was a Festiva guy, there's some amazing technology out there and he's utilizing it. Last I checked it was pretty well developed.

Both of mine have IAC function problems, and I was wondering  what coilpacks were worth.  Is there a modern replacement for the  VAF and IAC? 

Jack Byrd

Coilpacks, I'm not exactly sure how much better they are - but you could get full control over your ignition system. No lossy distributor cap/rotor, and you can program your own timing curves instead of the fixed mechanical vacuum & RPM/Centrifugal weight setup in the stock distributor. Get rid of that annoying OEM ignitor. You can add in a more modern knock sensor, too.

Modern systems could utilize a MAF instead of a VAF, and would be much more free-flowing. Though you could eliminate it altogether and use a MAP sensor system called Speed Density
Idle valves - there are a plethora of options, mostly re-purposed OEM units from other cars. I think there were guys who were making billet housings to adapt a GM or Jeep idle valve for universal applications, able to be installed with some new hoses
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2019, 10:26:50 AM »

Thanks, it would really be nice to modernize out engines with readily available parts.  Did you ever find out anything about BP Performance?

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2019, 09:34:50 PM »

Yes actually - the guy that ran it ended up getting hired at a tuning shop and I guess to eliminate conflict of interest took down his page?
The guy is on still on FB and might still offer some stuff, but I'm not positive on that. PM me and I can send the info
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

Pages: 1 [2]