TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: My newest Capri adventure....  (Read 2577 times)

tonlaw71

• Administrator
    • 1992 XR2 and a 2013 Nissan Juke
My newest Capri adventure....
« on: May 17, 2011, 04:34:00 PM »

Well, finally fixed all my little oil leaks (I think) and was taking her out for a spin when I hear a distinctive hissing sound and see a huge cloud of steam coming from under the hood. Thought I would share the cause!    

At least it wasn't too hard to pull out. Now waiting for a replacement from Mr. Russ!! Hopefully in time for my Florida trip next week!
///Tony aka Bubba Gumpshrimp\\\

///'92 Plasti-Dipped XR2\\\

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 07:12:00 PM »

You gave up your perfectly good running N/A for a turbo car......Now you get turbo problems! At least your doing it with a smile.....
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!

tonlaw71

• Administrator
    • 1992 XR2 and a 2013 Nissan Juke
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 07:55:00 PM »

Smiling uses fewer muscles, and at my age, I don't have enough muscles left to do anything else! I actually enjoy working on my Capri, and I learn a ton while doing it. Heck, I've never pulled a radiator before and this only took me about 20 minutes, so it's all good!!

Just can't wait to get her back on the road! Have a trip to Florida next week that I have been saving up for and planning for months and would really like to take the Capri and do some topless cruising along the beaches! Not to mention it uses half the gas of my Titan!  :cool:
///Tony aka Bubba Gumpshrimp\\\

///'92 Plasti-Dipped XR2\\\

Colorado1

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 01:38:00 AM »

My radiator had a couple small leaks where the plastic & metal connect. Anti freeze would slowly run down and burn off. Looked like my engine was always on fire. Got an all metal one from Performance Radiator for $197.00 in town. Found the shop on here from Phoenix member that has em there also. Glad I did it. Have fun!