TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: '94 REAR VIEW MIRROR  (Read 2591 times)

oz-fire

• TeamCapri Supporter
'94 REAR VIEW MIRROR
« on: October 19, 2013, 08:07:44 PM »

In Australia ,only the SE version ('93-'94) received the rear view mirror fitted with lights. The L/H drive Mercury that I'm restoring, was missing it's mirror, however the part the glues on to the windscreen remained. With the help of Russ I had one shipped over, along with other parts.
Problem........... It doesn't fit the windscreen base, it's too narrow to slide over ??  was there two versions. 

Is it possible to remove the part on the windscreen without major problems

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Re: '94 REAR VIEW MIRROR
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 11:22:56 AM »

We had two versions of lighted mirrors on the Capri here. a 91/92/93 style (which I'm not sure if it was ever fitted to the 91s?) and then the 94 had its own style. The 94's windshield badge was wider, I believe.

The 94 would fit over the the 92/93 style, but not vice versa
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

blueamber

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 01:36:35 PM »

Do NOT try to remove that button on the windshield.  Chances are you will remove glass along with the button, that adhesive is strong.

If you want a purist restoration, then find the correct mirror.  I have heard that the 94 style mirror was the same as other model cars, but don't know of alternate models it was on. 

Otherwise, just glue a correct size button beside the one already there.  You or anyone else will never see it with the mirror installed...Chris

Chicken

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 04:30:27 PM »

The mirror with switches on the front (not the bottom) is the later one and it has a wider base.  Did the car come with a mirror that was broken?  Is the wire run from the Fused Link Area?

(Yes some US 91's had the lighted mirrors from what I've seen, often with the central locking, cruise control, AC )

If you heard it from an automotive forum, get a second, and third opinion.