TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: My 91 XR2  (Read 6953 times)

tommy gun

My 91 XR2
« on: October 16, 2013, 01:37:13 AM »

[/URL][/img][/URL][/img]
Have been browsing around here for about a year and have learned a ton.  Great forum!  I picked up this Capri about a year ago.  A few mods are the Razzi body kit, a manual boost controller, and 2" cat-less exhaust.  The previous owner spray bombed the hood (which drives me nuts) and ruined the clean look of the car, IMO.

tommy gun

Re: My 91 XR2
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 01:38:34 AM »

Hmmm. Not sure why the pics aren't loading.

tommy gun

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 01:45:00 AM »

tommy gun

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 01:53:11 AM »

[][][]
Nevermind... figured it out.

tonlaw71

• Administrator
    • 1992 XR2 and a 2013 Nissan Juke
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 11:13:11 AM »

Thanks for sharing!! Looks great! I really like the body kit. Keep saying I'm going to get one, but... :(
///Tony aka Bubba Gumpshrimp\\\

///'92 Plasti-Dipped XR2\\\

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 12:12:01 PM »

Man, that Razzi kit in white looks really friggen sharp. I like it!

Thanks for posting pics! What are your plans for it?
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

tommy gun

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 04:08:10 PM »

Thanks.  Originally my plan was to repaint it this year, but that didn't happen.  Well, actually I did start.  I repainted the body kit to match.  The PO had painted it a flat burnt orange which I felt didn't really flow with the rest of the car.  I fabbed up the 2" exhaust and made a manual boost controller ( with the help of my machinist friend at work), and put an open air filter intake on it.  New tires and when the wheels were off, I gave them a fresh coat of powder.  I still have plans to repaint it and add some suspension/handling upgrades.  But unfortunately, I'm kind of at a crossroads right now.  I may be forced to sell it for a more "family" friendly vehicle.  The wife's car has about had it, and she hates driving the Capri. ????  I don't really want to get rid of it, but for those of us that are married.... you know how that goes.  I don't know... I'll have to see what happens.

waretrop

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 06:33:00 PM »

Nice looking car.

I may be forced to sell it for a more "family" friendly vehicle.  The wife's car has about had it, and she hates driving the Capri. ????  I don't really want to get rid of it, but for those of us that are married.... you know how that goes.

Hell, my wife got hers first, then I got one.  You need to make her feel it is her car OR go out and buy her one. ;D
91 N/A 5 sp - His
93 N/A Auto - Hers
93 Mustang LX Auto - ours

Kev93

• '93 XR2 | Ford F-150
    • http://ombe.com
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 08:57:25 PM »

Hell, my wife got hers first, then I got one.  You need to make her feel it is her car OR go out and buy her one. ;D

Heh, I hope that'll work for him ;)

I was actually surprised here about a week ago... DW suggested that she'd like to have the car ... once I got it finished, that is (I'm thinking 2018 or so, LOL)...

Tommy Gun, pretty nice looking ride!  You make me wanna save up for a paint job!
/* Just along for the ride */
\\\'93 XR2 in progress | Daily Driver | 5th Gear Swap | Rocketman VAF Adapter

Jim Simms

• 1991 XR2 Cardinal Red, great body, needs paint
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 11:22:33 PM »

Very nice job on the body. My plan is to paint my hood black, too. Might leave the lights red.
How much difference did the manual boost and the open air filter do for performance?

Also, if you decide to redo the suspension, check my posting. You will see you can get all four struts from Just Suspension for $155.00, and thanks to my educated Capri family, I ordered it using the 1988 Mazda 323 because rear KYB struts are too hard to find listed for the Capri.
I sent in my money last week and am expecting them anyday.

Captain

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/capritain
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 11:27:24 PM »

yea, loving the white.  Always love white.
I dont know about the wheel and hood tho.
91 Mercury Capri
Capritain @ Cardomain.com