TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: Big power! Guys were you at?  (Read 561 times)

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
Big power! Guys were you at?
« on: December 31, 2023, 01:21:48 PM »

Ok ladies and gentlemen, I’m needing a supervisors for the process of make some bigger power!

Head work, done, port polish and value springs, cams they are hard to find and don’t know which to get anyway!
Block work, done, custom pistons, rods, crank, oil squirt delete.

Stage three oil pump.

TDO5 20g turbo 3” exhaust  mounted! Intercooler as well

Lacking bigger injectors 390cc right now! 255fuel pump!

Trans has lsd! 

So guys help me out I’m needing a supervisor to help me push this car as far as I can! But I don’t know a lot. About fuel injection and so on! Wanting someone to relay on for help! Anyone car to help??? I don’t care I’f it’s another form with someone with the knowledge to help me in the direction I need! I have pics of my progress!!   Thanks guys!

« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 09:33:36 PM by bryanknight »

bryanknight

Re: Big power! Guys were you at?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2024, 03:16:21 PM »

Wow, I’m glad everyone has input! Thanks.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2024, 07:19:27 PM »

Well, not too many big power guys out there! hah.
Cams shouldn't be hard to find, they are common with the 1.6L Miata
Squirter delete? That's big for piston cooling
With larger injectors you're going to want to go with an aftermarket ECU - some options today. Megasquirt, Speeduino, RUSefi, maybe others. Can control spark as well then.

The Festiva guys have a few guys running some hot B6T's but the best bang for buck is the BP 1.8L swap, some more aftermarket options for that engine, and more big power guys with them. A few Facebook groups exist for the Mazda guys, none specifically for hot BPs that I can think of. Keep in mind G-type transmission is a power bottleneck (even with LSD), the popular thing to do is get an adapter plate for a Toyota e153 transmission and adapt that to work, been done a few times in a BF chassis but never a Capri
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

EShepherd

• 1991 Capri XR2, 1991 Capri XR2 Rusted out Shell
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2024, 04:35:28 AM »

Ok ladies and gentlemen, I’m needing a supervisors for the process of make some bigger power!

Head work, done, port polish and value springs, cams they are hard to find and don’t know which to get anyway!
Block work, done, custom pistons, rods, crank, oil squirt delete.

Stage three oil pump.

TDO5 20g turbo 3” exhaust  mounted! Intercooler as well

Lacking bigger injectors 390cc right now! 255fuel pump!

Trans has lsd! 

So guys help me out I’m needing a supervisor to help me push this car as far as I can! But I don’t know a lot. About fuel injection and so on! Wanting someone to relay on for help! Anyone car to help??? I don’t care I’f it’s another form with someone with the knowledge to help me in the direction I need! I have pics of my progress!!   Thanks guys!

Where are you located? I'd love to help, but I'm unwilling to chop the harness out of my Capri to go as crazy as you want to. I've put a megasquirt in a few different cars of this vintage, namely an NA Miata and a 240z. If you've ported & polished and are talking about bigger injectors, then you are at that point. I'm impressed you even have it running on the stock ECM with such a big turbo honestly. Are you able to keep the A/F under control? I'm assuming you've got some sort of custom exhaust manifold setup....you'll probably end up either modifying or replacing your intake too if you go standalone. No point keeping the dizzy and divorced coil pack at that point.

The thing mainly stopping me from going nuts with this car is the transmission. Without having a good plan for that, or multiple backups, I wouldn't chase big power. At that point, engine swaps begin to sound like the smart solution. Engine bay too short for a K series without a flat pan/dry sump setup ($$$$). A Nissan QR25 fits with it's 5 speed, that'll get you to 170hp with plenty of upwards room. Those are the two I've personally put the engine into the bay. I suspect a 4g63 would fit, and would be the most ideal choice in my opinion, but they are getting expensive. But I always loved that idea, because it leaves the door open for taking the rest of the haldex system from the Evo and stealing Rocketman's awd Capri idea.  ;D

bryanknight

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2024, 10:45:32 PM »

She is alive once again!! Have a couple problems to work out tho!! You guys still around ?