TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: _Shocker's_ 1988 Ford Festiva B6T Build Thread  (Read 10498 times)

Shocker

_Shocker's_ 1988 Ford Festiva B6T Build Thread
« on: May 19, 2011, 01:25:00 PM »

Hello everyone, im kinda new here and i have a new project that im attempting to finish and would like to share with you all. Let me start by introducing myself, my name in Marcus and i live in Stuart FL, im 25 yrs old and im a FORD FANATIC. Ive had 9 Mustangs, 2 Harley F150s, and F350 diesel, and my girl drives a 99 built cobra with a T56 (6 speed).

This is my 1988 Ford Festiva L 1.3L 4 SPEED that i bought about a year and a half ago from a buddy of mine RJ, i think hes on this forum, (skimsucka) my original plan for this car was to keep it STOCK (yea right When i acquired this car it was in Tampa FL with 88k Original miles. It was pretty dirty, and needed to be re ringed. RJ is a Festiva connoisseur so he restored this beauty with new rings, all the factory plastics, switches, covers, etc. He made sure every little light was working on this thing. Then he sold it to me.!!!

So when i acquired it we had it running perfect. It sat around in my garage for about a year before i drove it, why? i dont know why lol. So i registered the car and attempted to drive the car, and the car wouldnt RUN!!! long story short a buddy of our from WPB Chris came up here and adjusted the carb for us and she ran!

A couple of weeks later we took a trip to Tampa with the Festiva about 2-3 hour drive from here, she made it there no problem! As we left Tampa we almost made it home when she overheated with no warning signs. We managed to let it cool down a little and drive her a few more miles before she died again on us. Mind you we were on a road that cuts through the state with nothing but farm land on both sides with no towns for 40 miles in each direction, and the sun was going down, and the mosquitoes were starting to come out so all i wanted to do was to try to make it to town regardless of what motor was going to do.

Well after RJ came and flat-towed me for 40 miles, i started tearing down the motor only to find that i had indeed blown a head gasket, and "chipped" a few pistons. And i did what every gear head would do....a motor swap! From a Capri XR2!!! So i knew right there that this baby had to come out and it was TIME FOR UPGRADES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Car Before.....

Stripping the Car and Pulling the motor

Shocker

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 01:25:00 PM »

-SUSPENSION & BRAKES-

Aspire Sway Bar
Aspire Coils Cut 1 Coil
Aspire Lower Control Arms
KYB GR2s
10.2 Rotors
XR2 Calipers
14'' Prime Wheels Semi Flat
-Soon 195/45/14 Toyos

Removing this for Sway larger Aspire sway bar

Probably going to cut another coil off but well see how it sits with a motor in her first

Shocker

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 01:29:00 PM »

"Chipped Piston"

Shocker

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 01:29:00 PM »

Heres RJ flexing his motor pulling muscles