TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: 94 auto, wheel question  (Read 2599 times)

LarryC

94 auto, wheel question
« on: February 12, 2012, 01:52:00 PM »

Today, I have bought a 94 auto.  I saw it last week but I was turned off, the car had been re-painted a blue/purple (I was expecting original cobalt blue).  But, during the week, I had second thoughts on the car.  My plan was to buy the 94 and then switch bumpers and taillights with my 91 XR2.  This auto is for my wife and she won't know the difference.  After getting home, I washed and waxed it and it looks great. I am not going to touch it, leave it as it is.  I have a red hard top that I have been trying to sell.  Now, that I have this new 94, I was thinking of painting the hardtop white or cream and putting on the 94 that has blue/purple paint.  I have seen many blue white combos on capri's and they look sharp.

anyway, back to the wheels.  This 94 auto has original 5 spoke rims.   these wheels are in bad condition, all the finish is wearing out on inside of spokes. I have read some of other posts on value, but nothing if these can be saved. My take on value is maybe $100 a set? I am sure if wheels can be polished and re-finished, it would cost more than $25 a wheel?  Maybe I can paint and match the wheels with the top, niether white or cream?

kraversxr2

94 auto, wheel question
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 03:04:00 PM »

You could look around for someone who does
powder coating. It would probably only cost about
$150 to have them powdercoated. There is always someone who need the business that will cut you a deal.  I don't know much about it but it's supposed to be better than painting.  There's a guy in my town who advertises on Craigslist for reasonable prices.  Of course you still have to do your homework and make shure the guy does good work.  Anyway, just a thought.