TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Ground Control coilover spring rates  (Read 2895 times)

AlexV08

Ground Control coilover spring rates
« on: April 13, 2010, 08:55:00 AM »

Ive been looking into getting some ground control coilovers for my capri and been reading everything i see on them but i was wondering what a good spring rate would be for them. i havent seen anyone talk about that. any help would be appreciated. im new to teamcapri.

thanks Alex

Phillip

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 12:46:00 PM »

It's not just the rate but the length. I use 450lb/in 7" long in front. and 220lb/in 9" long in back. the stiff rears do two things;

1) On launch the car doesn't rear back and shift the center of gravity back so you hook up better.

2) stiffer suspension in the back adds a bit of over steer to the system. This car stock is a wallowing dog in corners with the stock suspension. A little over steer is a good thing in this circumstance.

The front are stiff enough to handle the F#@ked up roads in this state and still keep the wheels on the ground, which is always a good thing.

I didn't set my suspension up to slam it to the ground, I'm really interested in making the car handle better more than I am about how it looks. If you spend $750 on something it better increase performance or you're pissing money down the drain.

AlexV08

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 01:52:00 PM »

i dont know a whole lot about cars and i was reading on the other threads about how the handling improves with the ground control and tokico set up.

any other information or tips would be great.
also where is a good place to buy the ground control coilovers from?

pmpsht

• Old-Timer
    • http://www.TunerFixx.com
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 11:03:00 AM »

I ran the Tokico/Ground Control setup on my car and it was rough but coupled with the front strutbar, it was a dream to drive handling wise.

I can get a Ground Control set, I just don't have them listed on  TunerFixx.com Store yet.

PM me here or email me at cory.barry@tunerfixx.com if you are interested in a set.  If I remember right, they are about $400 plus shipping but I can check current pricing.
Cory Barry
93 XR2 Project \\"Blue Flame\\"
Starion Intercooled, VJ14/11 Hybrid
TunerFixx Dual Stage Boost Controller, Spec Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, RocketChip ECU **SOLD**
91 NA Silver/Teal (Looks Fast)*SOLD*  
http://www.Tunerfixx.com\\" target=\\"_blank\\">TunerFixx.com Capri Performance: Links, Multimedia, Tech