TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: Ground Control coilover spring rates  (Read 2877 times)

AlexV08

Ground Control coilover spring rates
« on: April 13, 2010, 08:55:00 AM »

Ive been looking into getting some ground control coilovers for my capri and been reading everything i see on them but i was wondering what a good spring rate would be for them. i havent seen anyone talk about that. any help would be appreciated. im new to teamcapri.

thanks Alex

Phillip

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 12:46:00 PM »

It's not just the rate but the length. I use 450lb/in 7" long in front. and 220lb/in 9" long in back. the stiff rears do two things;

1) On launch the car doesn't rear back and shift the center of gravity back so you hook up better.

2) stiffer suspension in the back adds a bit of over steer to the system. This car stock is a wallowing dog in corners with the stock suspension. A little over steer is a good thing in this circumstance.

The front are stiff enough to handle the F#@ked up roads in this state and still keep the wheels on the ground, which is always a good thing.

I didn't set my suspension up to slam it to the ground, I'm really interested in making the car handle better more than I am about how it looks. If you spend $750 on something it better increase performance or you're pissing money down the drain.

AlexV08

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 01:52:00 PM »

i dont know a whole lot about cars and i was reading on the other threads about how the handling improves with the ground control and tokico set up.

any other information or tips would be great.
also where is a good place to buy the ground control coilovers from?

pmpsht

• Old-Timer
    • http://www.TunerFixx.com
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 11:03:00 AM »

I ran the Tokico/Ground Control setup on my car and it was rough but coupled with the front strutbar, it was a dream to drive handling wise.

I can get a Ground Control set, I just don't have them listed on  TunerFixx.com Store yet.

PM me here or email me at cory.barry@tunerfixx.com if you are interested in a set.  If I remember right, they are about $400 plus shipping but I can check current pricing.
Cory Barry
93 XR2 Project \\"Blue Flame\\"
Starion Intercooled, VJ14/11 Hybrid
TunerFixx Dual Stage Boost Controller, Spec Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, RocketChip ECU **SOLD**
91 NA Silver/Teal (Looks Fast)*SOLD*  
http://www.Tunerfixx.com\\" target=\\"_blank\\">TunerFixx.com Capri Performance: Links, Multimedia, Tech