TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 94 struts  (Read 6366 times)

Phillip

94 struts
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 04:08:00 PM »

First hand experience, all years will use the same strut, period. Monroes are the mushy OEM ones, GR2's are fine for the money a bit stiffer. Get the Tokico's if you want a stout strut. The difference in the 94 XR2 and the other years are a different variable rate not height. The sway ends use heim joints and the lock to lock of the 94 is tighter. All bushings (except Sway with a heim you don't need one) are the same all brakes are the same, all other parts are the same. This isn't rocket science! Excuse the pun.On my 91 XR2 I've rebuilt my suspension and researched it very well. I have a set of custom made coil overs on the 91 XR2 with white line urethane bushes in front and custom made ones in back and left the 94 XR2 stock, you don't fix something that isn't broke.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
94 struts
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 05:33:00 AM »

Chicken,

Your post above said "91-93 are NOT the same fitment"

Can you please elaborate on this, what is different? This fitment issue is strictly for the 94 XR2 rear, correct? Why won't they work? Do you have pictures from when you had them done, to demonstrate the differences?

I'm not trying to be a dick here, I'm curious as to what the exact differences are. I have worked on 94XR2s before and I can't say I've noticed anything different about the rear struts. I'm all about correctness & accuracy of information, can you please clarify this for us?

Thank you-
Matt
Anything?
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
94 struts
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 12:44:00 PM »

Hey! It's all the same on the rear struts Gus

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
94 struts
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 01:02:00 PM »

Hey Again! I should Have read al the previous posts. The rear and front struts are all the same but the springs are shorter on the '94 XR2. The sway bars are different on '94 XR2s. The steering box is quicker on '94 XR2s. What amazes me is that Chicken should know better as he owns a '94 XR2 as part of his fleet. Gus

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
94 struts
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 05:22:00 PM »

Thank you Gus. How have you been?
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

Pages: 1 [2]