TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: Strut mount replacements  (Read 2445 times)

yen

Strut mount replacements
« on: November 18, 2008, 12:17:00 PM »

Hey Team,
I had a problem where my shocks beat the crap out of my strut mounts. I had only found out when I replaced the CV joints to remedy a clicking noise  thought came from the drive shafts.
The strut mounts fell apart as soon as the struts were unbolted from above and the bearings scattered themselves all over the workshop.
As some of you mechs may know the struts are actually held in place by the steel ball bearings which worry me.
My question is :
is there anyone here (especially the autocross guys) running heavy duty after market strut mounts?
I ask because a company called "Proven Products" that was based in Sydney used to supply pillow ball mounts which supercedes regular strut mounts for racing capri's. I can't get into contact with the guy incharge anymore and no one else there knows where I can source some.
Pillow ball mounts allow the user to change camber and in some cases castor which could yeild interest in some of us.
1990 Ford Capri
1.6L SOHC