TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Got a few things done over the past few days  (Read 2543 times)

bhazard

Got a few things done over the past few days
« on: March 25, 2009, 06:40:00 AM »

A few days ago I got my ball joints swapped out. The passenger side was pretty bad looking. Pretty dry. I didnt notice any clunking or symptoms coming from it though.

What really disturbed me is while changing the passenger side I found that the strut mount is *bad*. As in the rubber is separated from the metal. When I dropped the ball joint the whole thing came down about four inches. Nothing I can do right now, cant afford to change it yet. It seems okay as long as the weight is on it, and I dont happen to go airborne. I thought about slapping some JB weld or something in there to try to hold it together for now.

I also swapped out my drivers side axle yesterday. That wasnt too bad. It looks like my tierods are bad though. Theyre pretty loose. I can not see how one could change the inners though, at least on the drivers side. Anyone done this?
93 Festiva L, lotsa miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, Rocketchip
Best ET 12.99, Best MPH 109.8, 22\\" slicks
88 T-bird Turbo Coupe, 182k miles, slightly modded, 14.71 @ 92.4mph 2.02 60\\\', end of the road

Phillip

Got a few things done over the past few days
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 10:34:00 AM »

There is a special tool for it you could probably rent or get to use for free from one of the parts stores. I basically has a crow’s foot with tabs on it that you put over the nut then slip a tube socket with corresponding slots in it. Then you crank it out and reverse the process to put it in.

http://www.nextag.com/inner-tie-rod-tool/search-html