TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: Got a few things done over the past few days  (Read 2559 times)

bhazard

Got a few things done over the past few days
« on: March 25, 2009, 06:40:00 AM »

A few days ago I got my ball joints swapped out. The passenger side was pretty bad looking. Pretty dry. I didnt notice any clunking or symptoms coming from it though.

What really disturbed me is while changing the passenger side I found that the strut mount is *bad*. As in the rubber is separated from the metal. When I dropped the ball joint the whole thing came down about four inches. Nothing I can do right now, cant afford to change it yet. It seems okay as long as the weight is on it, and I dont happen to go airborne. I thought about slapping some JB weld or something in there to try to hold it together for now.

I also swapped out my drivers side axle yesterday. That wasnt too bad. It looks like my tierods are bad though. Theyre pretty loose. I can not see how one could change the inners though, at least on the drivers side. Anyone done this?
93 Festiva L, lotsa miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, Rocketchip
Best ET 12.99, Best MPH 109.8, 22\\" slicks
88 T-bird Turbo Coupe, 182k miles, slightly modded, 14.71 @ 92.4mph 2.02 60\\\', end of the road

Phillip

Got a few things done over the past few days
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 10:34:00 AM »

There is a special tool for it you could probably rent or get to use for free from one of the parts stores. I basically has a crow’s foot with tabs on it that you put over the nut then slip a tube socket with corresponding slots in it. Then you crank it out and reverse the process to put it in.

http://www.nextag.com/inner-tie-rod-tool/search-html